The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I sent a request out for a few relevant parts to tohri, their invoice indicates

2sa1486AZ - 800 pcs @ 1.80 USD

2sj79E - 3000 pcs @ 2.46 USD

2sk216-E - 2000 pcs @ 2.38 USD

Stated after this quote,

US$29.00 will be additionally asked as minimum handling charge to cover banking charge in case total order value is less than US$2,000.00.

Seems group-buy worthy, but what do I know

Edit: this quote indicates their entire stock, I'm not spritzer enough to clean them out

Edited by nopants

Hi All,

First time poster here, but a long time Electrostatic Headphone/Loudspeaker appreciator. Built Kevins Triode Amp and

the KGSS but dropped out of the loop before the Blue Hawaii appeared. Took me a bit to Track down where

Kevin hang out. Congrats to all involved and who own them now and it was good to see Kevin still designing great Amps.

Man this T2 looks Cool. Trying convince myself I don't need it but not successful. Been well and truly

sucked in by the two I already have. Each one just got better.

Back on topic, ive read all 3000 odd posts and there just seem one stumbling block. That is obtaining legit

Semis. Does anyone have reliable sources for these, I don't mind paying higher prices, just don't want to

go thru Silicon Death Valley. I know one can test with the recommended Tester(Dyuio) either way its a must but it involves

buying a lot of stock.

I know Lil Knight was doing a run of metal work and pCB recently but all I need is the pcb pair. How does one contact him 

as I see no means of pm's on the site.

Thanks guys and appreciate any comments and  Kevin if you reads this, im the Guy back in 2000 approx. that sent you some

prototype boards for the KGSS.

Les

you can get a better price right now from chip1stop. for 50, $0.94ea. but spend $60 and shipping is free, otherwise its $6. never bought from there before but they are linked to Arrow so it is safe

Actually shipping cost is 60.00

https://www.chip1stop.com/web/USA/en/support.do?cat=000001&itm=000015

Too bad, as I was ready to hit the buy button for 60 pieces