What are you driving your K1000 with?

swt61

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked (and still do) the K1000 out of the Qualia 007 SACD. Recently I tried the Virtue TWO with decent results. I actually have two of them so, using them in "mono" improved the bass.

An interesting computer rig could be the Wadia 151/K1000, (a la peachtree), anyone? Bueller?

Has anyone used a Bottlehead Paramount 300B mono-blocks to drive the K1000? I received said recommendation at the Bottlehead forum and there are a couple of used ones in Audiogon for about $900.

CD44hi, you could also pick up the new Peachtree iDecco to use w/ your iPod and K1000. Very tempting for an office rig.

Agreed. The K1000 cable is decent. When I recable mine it'll be more about getting a cable length that suits me.

Too long?

Because if it's too short, I'd rather just have an extension cable.

Edit: actually, recabling a too-long cable makes even less sense, now that I think about it.

Yes. The 300B amp I tried briefly at a meet was nothing short of incredible. At some point I'd like to have a 300B amp for them. I'll keep the β22 though, as I like it's signature for many genres as well. I have not yet had any real time with my DIY Pass F5, but that should be up and running at some point, and the hope is that it will provide a warmish signature for yet another flavor.

Do you recall which 300B it was?

It was Shelly's Woo WA 5 LE, and it was a bit underpowered, but sounded phenomenal. The bass was deeper than I'd ever had imagined possible from just an amp swap. The WA 5 is said to have more grunt though.

Was it these, Steve?

paramountnude2.jpg:D

No, but could I get the power switch in a custom location if I order those? :D

Who's the guy in the middle?

That's Chekhonte isn't it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...