Help with HD-600

LFF

My HD-600 is one of my workhorses and I love them.

Lately I have been having trouble with the right channel going in and out. I think it might be a bad contact with the wire but I am not sure.

Any suggestions or anyone willing to take a look at them for me?

LFF,

Honestly your cheapest trouble-shooting will be to simply order a new cable direct from Sennheiser. If you go to the parts section of the sennheiser usa website you can search by headphone and you'll pretty quickly find what you are looking for. And for whatever reason the 650 cable is half the price of the 600 so I'd recommend getting that. ;)

If you find it's not the cable and is in fact the contacts inside the headphone I'm sure we can find someone around here willing to take a look at hard wiring them for you.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks guys!

Upon closer inspection the wire is ok - you guys are right! It's the contacts. They look a little loose. Is there anyone here who can repair those?

Wasn't there a "how to" write-up online that detailed how to access the internal connecter (like a coiled spring) and tune it up to grab hold of the cable's prongs better?

I'll try to find it and link to here.

OKAY, here it is: 580_intermittency_repairs Photo Gallery by jeepy206 at pbase.com

http://www.pbase.com/jeepy206/580_intermittency_repairs

I am not handy with small things.

Thats not what she said? :-)

Yeah, forget that I posted that. I've successfully fixed my intermittent HD600 using that method before, but it's actually pretty easy to damage the driver unless you've done it before.

I would do it for you, but there's a small chance I could mess up your HD600 and I can't afford to replace one right now. What the author of that guide says is true though. The coils become stretched out and they no longer make contact with the cable pins. That's why this is so common.

Just wanted to thank you guys for helping me out! I tried the trick as outlined above and discovered what the problem is.

The connectors were fine but one of those thin little wires is loose and I can't re-attach it.

Can anyone help out with this - be it hardwire or repair?

• 1 month later...