Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

The Monkey

I'm not sure if it matters for you mom, but I'd look at the list of songs in the game before buying the Beatles Rock Band for her. There are many songs I expected to be in the game that are missing from it. Released and planned DLC (Abbey Road and SPLHCB, with Rubber Soul coming next) fills some of the missing songs, but they add up quickly.

List of songs in The Beatles: Rock Band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IME from having owned and played both of the earlier versions of both, Guitar hero I/II/III and the first Rockband(have no idea what "Band Hero" is or what Guitar Hero they are on now, five or six?) Rock Band was a more casual/social game, while Guitar Hero was all about beating "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert and playing until your wrist was sore and your fingers felt like they were going to fall off. While both have songs that can be a technical challenge, RB would most likely suit the casual gamer, assuming your mom is not a hardcore gamer who could shred through all the songs on GH with a blindfold on.:D

RE RB Beatles: Your mom could always just do the singing part, that is the easiest instrument. The drums can be quite difficult depending on the person and level.

I've never played Rock Band but from past experience singing is definitely not the easiest instrument. A surprising number of people I know are pretty much tone deaf.

• 1 year later...

I dunno. I kinda like the feel of GH better, though I stopped playing music games years ago.

Welcome to Head-Case. Some friendly advice given that our welcome PM is absent with new forum software. Don't post shotgun fashion on anything that catches your eye here and don't ever unearth threads after years of inactivity -- especially dead tangential gaming threads and the like -- and then post your random musings on the subject. Once you get a sense of this place you can dive in a bit more but you are going to get pounded in the back of the head with a shovel if you continue this pattern.

Cheers