Brewdog "Sink The Bismark"

Grahame

It appears that those chaps at BrewDog Beer - Award winning brewery have upped the ante in the Beer arms race.

As a response to http://www.benz-weltweit.de/derbraeuvomberch/index_eng.html 40% tipple they now have produced the 41% Sink The Bismark!

Scots unleash world's strongest beer ? The Register

Sink the Bismarck!

You know what to do Duggeh!

Anyone wants any and I'll be happy to bring it over in June. I get 20% off everything because I bought a share in the company. Same if you want any Tactical Nuclear Penguin, the Tokyo* (the best beer ever, ever,ever,evererverververever) is all sold out though.

The Paradox Smokehead is very good (indeed!). Anybody had a J.W. Lees vintage ale? I got a couple bottles that were brewed in 2005 and aged in Lagavulin casks... and tasted not a thing like Lagavulin. Wait, I feel like I've posted this before, probably in the what are you drinking thread. Oh well... It was still very disappointing. I paid about $15 for a small bottle of 1999 J.W. Lees and I'm afraid that 10+ years won't do any more than 5 did for that ultrasweet nasty swill.

I brought Tokyo* to Danjam, one bottle for trying (who tried it, I do not recall, not enough people) and a bottle for Dan for setting the event up. I should have bought more. It doesn't dispense to neatly as TNP because its still a beer. You don't treat it like scotch.

Also brought a bottle of Edradour scotch and a bottle of Hendricks gin.

I also remember apologising profusely because the Rip Tide which got hoovered up at the beer run turned out to be rubbish. Taste ruined by transatlantic shipping. Then it turned out that it was just a duff bottle. The gin was also ill-served. But we did have no cucumber.

If anyone has any kind of request for stuff thats unavailable or more expensive on that side of the water ill do my best to help in delivery. The Edradour at Danjam went down well but I've no idea if it costs something horrid over there.

I also remember apologising profusely because the Rip Tide which got hoovered up at the beer run turned out to be rubbish. Taste ruined by transatlantic shipping. Then it turned out that it was just a duff bottle.

I got a bunch of bottles of Rip Tide here at Whole Foods for *cheap*. The buyer there noticed that the bottles he had were past the expiration date on the bottle, which seemed a bit odd for a heavy stout that only hit our area a few months ago (right after DanJam actually). So he called Brewdog personally and asked WTF was up, and they informed him that it was a misprint, and they were actually good till 2012 or so. He ordered everything the distributor had left, that was about to be dumped, and ended up selling it for just over $3 a bottle. They were better than what I tasted at DJ, although still light on carbonation. I gathered that to be a standard feature of all their beers.

The gin was also ill-served. But we did have no cucumber.

I just finished off the last of the gin about a week ago. Good tonic is not to be found in my town, and the last gin and tonics I made with the Blackwood were held back by the poor quality tonic. So I drank the last finger straight. It was a powerful dram but very enjoyable in a tooth-enamel-stripping way.

• 1 year later...