Tampa Beer Meet II, Hunahpus release. March 12, 2011

NightWoundsTime

Had a fucking blast yesterday at Hunahpu Day! I got there around 230pm and some of the beers I wanted to try were gone by then but there was still a great selection. \

This year's Hunahpu is better than last year's IMO; I've always thought Hunahpu was a little too intense for me but found the 2011 brew to be a little sweeter and a lot more drinkable. Maybe it's just my beer taste developing over the last few years as opposed to the this year's brew being that different but in any case, I'm now a fan!

I didn't really get a chance to snap pics as I was busy enjoying the many beers on hand but here's one I just took just to rub it in to y'all who couldn't make it :P

IMG_7343.jpg

Indeed it was an awesome day (and I was very drunk). So much rare beer on hand, including Three Floyd's Topless Wytch (Dreadnaught was sold out by the time I got there), Founder's Breakfast Stout, Centennial IPA, and a Founders barleywine, all very good and unobtanium in FL. None of those were on the published list since they sorta can't publish those.

Ended up with pretty much exactly what I needed for bottles, a pile for Mike, and enough for 1 consumed per month and another 3 to put aside for flights in a few years. (Going to try for 5, 7 , and 10 year flights. Help will of course be quite necessary so look for that at MOA Pt. V or so.

Glad that Raffy came out. As the Holy Bible teaches us, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." The God of Head-case was surely present, although I think he got more trashed than I did.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Oh and sorry about no updates yesterday. I rely on Wi-fi and there was none at CCB. I made some calls though, and I think those people gathered easily that I was drunk. I arrived a bit late, got a wristband with about 10 left till they'd given out a full 1000 (they raised it from 750 realizing that almost no-one would be buying all 4 bottles they'd allotted. Then you get the freaks like me.)

So uh, yeah after that it was a quick realization that lots of small batch beer was disappearing fast. The race was on, and I definitely won.