New Headphones for me.

Yikes

Both are up and running in my bedroom system. No serious listening yet (I've heard well broken in K701s before :) ). I'll drag them into my main system and do some serious evaluations in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, I purchased the Oppo because it upconverts to 720P and because it can be set to region free. I seriously doubt that it's any better sounding than the Pioneer DV-563a that it's replacing. In a couple of weeks I'll compare it to the 563a and my Exemplar 3910. So far I like the build of the 970HD and its features.

I?ll probably re-cable after I get back from the CES. Here?s the shocker; I?m not re-cabling with Siltech. I have obtained 4 meters of Crystal Cable for the job. I don?t believe the Crystal is better than the Siltech that I used on my SA5000s, but it is significantly more flexible and user friendly.

I know the 701s best the stock SA5000s but I want to determine how they compare with my modded SA5000s before I proceed with re-cabling the 701s.

In the end I may end up re-cabling the 701s with Siltech. We?ll see.

The Oppo 970HD. ? I believe it?ll do PAL as well. At least it appeared to ask PAL or NTSC. I?ll check to make sure.