Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
Sleeping position
Oh, and I almost forgot, I often start in "hanged man" (albeit, on the bed, not actually hanging): And no, the cat has nothing to do with that -- started long before I ever thought of having one -- although she does love the additional surface of enclosure.
-
The Quad thread
They're not room filling speakers, but at the levels that I listen at, they are adequate for a normal size room. I have to admit I've never cranked them, though. I do remember turning them up a little bit, and they handled it better than my Spendor S3/5a's (which quickly get congested if pushed at all -- probably the sealed nature of those).
-
Sleeping position
Posting this before I see what it means, but I think it means I'm a "Tosser & turner": I try to start out Soldier or Starfish, sometimes Yearner if I'm having a particularly bad night (doctor told me to sleep on my side for the apnea), often wake up as a Freefaller or Yearner, sometimes Foetus, but rarely. I could never be 'log' -- cat wouldn't allow it. Cat needs to be embraced at all times. Well, not "embraced" so much as "somewhat enclosed". Oh, and get back to work. I want to see that report YESTERDAY![/boss voice]
-
I have a drinking problem...can't figure out what to drink...
I think I've acquired River Horse, but I have so many of the Total Wine Mix'n'Match 6-packs, I'd have to go through them all to be sure. I think I need to start keeping track of everything I get. Anyone know of any software to do so? I know there exists for wine, but I don't know if it translates to beer. Question about storage -- when I went to the beer tasting, I actually ended up spending a lot of time talking to the Dominion guy. He mentioned (among other things) that you probably shouldn't store lower ABV beers for too long. Later in the conversation, I mentioned my problem with Millenium Ale (too strong for me), and he said that that one, for example, would be a good one to just put on a shelf and store for a while. For reference, it's 10.8%. Anyone else have a take on this? I probably have a bunch of beers in the 5-6-7% range, should I be drinking those first? What's the magic number? I.E. at what point would it probably be okay for an "extended cellaring"? Anyone have an opinion on this? Also, on a related note, what's the take on refrigerated beer? I was taught -- and admittedly, this was long ago -- that once you refrigerate a beer, you should keep it refrigerated. Is this true? I found some Dominion Baltic Porter, but it was refrigerated, and I'm afraid my housemate will get pissed if I fill up the fridge with too much more beer. Would it be alright to put it in the cellar (we do have one)?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
- slow forum
Translation: Princess 'Roza' (Rose?) and her friend, Poop from Toilet EDIT: I just wanted people to know that that was exactly what it looked like, and not some unfortunate art/language/whatever accident.- What did you do today?
Amongst other things, upgraded Ubuntu to 10.4 or whatever the new release is. Splash screen is...well, you'll see. And now the close-screen X's are on the left. I need to figure out how to put them back. I'm doubling my mouse traversal.- Post the last thing you bought!
4 Impulse! SACD's, apparently- slow forum
Epic Oreo cookie is epic.- What are you listening to Part Two
And the coolness of the cover (and the promise of the opening "In the Evening"), did nothing to deter that concerned feeling when you went to your turntable 5 minutes into "Carouselambra" and discovered it was only half over. Me, in the car: Pain Of Salvation -- jesus christ I love this new record, completely different direction for them, almost sounds like Jack White. Awesome guitar tones, and I love overdriven bass.- Post what you're watching
Community on Hulu- Time for some Stax SR-Sigma love......
Eliminates rattle?- What did you do today?
I don't know man, maybe the only reason kitty's got a gun is because no-one knows how to pet her quite right.- iPad apps
Okay, now I might get an iPad.- Ye Macce Threade
You're also an apple fanboy.- slow forum
Is it just me, or is he beginning to resemble Steve Buscemi?- Post the last thing you bought!
Left Hand Fade to Black Long Sleeve Tee ...which, presumably, will have something like this somewhere on it:- Apple Tablet
As was said, welcome to how the other half lives.- Ye Macce Threade
Alright. I still don't want Jacob on my jury.- Apple Tablet
Dude, kick him.- What did you do today?
There, there. (pats boomana on the back)- What are you listening to Part Two
Stripmall Architecture, Feathersongs for Factory Girls -- this again. And yes, so far, it's their best (I only got half of it). Especially "Radium Girls" and "Sing Along, My Children".- Ye Macce Threade
I stand by this:- slow forum
Pew-pew-pew guy was the best.- Ye Macce Threade
Why not this? Is it because it's a super-duper top-secret Apple product? If someone were to leave their regular 3G iPhone in a bar -- in exactly the same manner -- and someone else were to grab it -- in exactly the same manner -- and somehow some magical mysterious way, someone bricked it, took out the sim card and whatnot (I.E. rendered it resellable), and sold it on eBay, do you think the recipient of said sold stolen iPhone would have had a raid on their house, trying to determine if they knew when they bought it on eBay that it was a stolen iPhone? Really? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but theft shouldn't be a function of what is stolen, only of the value of what is stolen. It would be an entirely different manner if they were claiming trade secrets/intellectual property, or whatnot, but the only thing different about what Gizmodo did to what Gizmodo usually does is they did it without permission from Apple, and they did it earlier than Apple wanted. Those "trade secrets" were going to be revealed in the future, when Apple was ready to sell the product. - slow forum
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.