Everything posted by mypasswordis
-
Post the last thing you bought!
It will most likely end up being perfboard + P2P but if I get not-lazy I will try to lay out a PCB design. Any recommendations on a transformer with 400V and two 6.3V secondaries? There's always Antek on the cheap: http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=712 Also really want to buy a stock of 6S4As...
-
HiFiMAN HE-6
- Post the last thing you bought!
12au7 matched quad, hopefully gonna get started on Jecklin amp soon- Whatever Happened To The Audiophile?
In my experience, audiophiles look for anything but the exact replication of a performance, in the name of finding something that "sounds good." If they wanted exact replication they'd use the same studio monitors and equipment in studios so it'd sound the exact same as the mastering engineers made it, and the mastering engineers wouldn't have to play around with EQ and shit to get it to "sound good" on a variety of setups.- And now what did you do TODAY?
The name makes sense, it's a nice form factor for embedded systems. May try my hand at the crazy SMT stuff later on, when I have more time, patience, and skill. I stuffed your digital volume control board okay (at least I think I did) but this is an order of magnitude more difficult and I don't even have any tools for that kind of work. Right now my hands are full just trying to program the damn thing, especially learning the interrupt controller and implementing the various onboard features.- And now what did you do TODAY?
I got my ARM board... some Chinese dude with mad fast but also kind of shoddy SMD skills working in some factory in China definitely put this together. Missing the cable which connects to the PIC board I still need to build.- Beyerdynamic T5p
- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
- Beyerdynamic T5p
Drink enough beer and you won't care what the beer tastes like, either.- slower forum
- What are you listening to Part the Third
You mean the Barenreiter Urtext? I have that one along with the International Edition which has scans of the original sheet music and the Schott Edition edited by Szeryng. Urtext has no fingering.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Again it was very typical to add ornaments in Bach's day. If you listen to the solo Sonatas and Partitas, there are tons of stylistic differences and different ornaments people add onto what Bach wrote, a prime example being the Chaconne. Vibrato back in the baroque era was seen as yet another ornament, instead of something that you must do basically throughout, so it was used a lot more sparingly. Hilary Hahn's interpretation is definitely pretty romantic. The first movement of the double concerto is mind-blowingly fast and not in a good way. I don't think she realizes Vivace just meant vivacious or lively, this was before tempo names were given specific BPM ranges. Btw I don't think any off the string techniques had been invented by the baroque era either, unless you just mean a detache where the quick changes of bows lifted the bow off the string a bit. Will listen tonight.- The Jecklin Floats thread
- What are you listening to Part the Third
I've heard Hilary's but haven't heard Fischer's recording and it's been awhile since I've heard Hilary's. Will check out asap. Are you sure she's injecting extra notes? That actually is a very baroque thing to do, back then the sheet music you were given was mostly the outline of the harmonic content, with the performer making up the notes in between. JS Bach was pretty much the first person to lay out all the notes iirc. Have you heard Rachel Podger's solo Bach or Bach concertos? She tries to get as close to the original as possible, does the whole play on a baroque violin/bow with lower baroque-ish tuning thing.- slower forum
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/charlie-sheen-quotes-presented-by-baby-sloths http://www.livethesheendream.com/- slower forum
- Happy Birthday, n_maher!!!
Happy birthday!- slower forum
- The DIY Electrostatic amp thread
Thanks, that's a start. The thing is I have 20 or so tubes and iirc ~15 of them have different labels so I'm trying to find the ones that are the same internally or if they are all different. I'll go through the list and sort the tubes when I get home. Here's a crappy ebay pic of a production unit:- The DIY Electrostatic amp thread
Kind of a random place to ask this, but I want to build the Jecklin 'stat amp at some point. I have a whole bunch of mixed 12AU7/A tubes but no idea how to tell what is what. Eventually I'll have to invest in a tube tester for matching but does anyone have a link to some reference that lists the defining features of various 12AU7s? Might have to buy another mixed lot of 12AU7s to actually find some that are same internally and match...- slower forum
- Happy Birthday Craig Sawyers!
Happy birthday!- Deals
http://www.buy.com/prod/invicta-men-s-invicta-ii-black-carbon-fiber-dial-stainless-steel/q/loc/64934/sellerid/15596522/217471841.html- Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
- Post the last thing you bought!
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.