What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Jim, this is very nice, just perfect.

Yes. Yes it is. :)

Anvil # 97 Whiskey Skin

The Anvil list calls for Scotch but I used Irish Whiskey to compare to the Toddy since the only difference is the lemon rind aka skin.

(Use small bar-glass.)

Take 1 lump of white sugar.

1 small wine-glass of Irish whiskey.

1 small piece of lemon-peel.

First rinse the glass with hot water, put in the sugar, fill the glass half-full of boiling water, add the whiskey and stir. Serve with a spoon.

IMG_0027.jpg

No you are not having Deja-vu. It is pretty much the same drink as the toddy with the addition of the lemon rind. There is no spoon.

Edited by morphsci

Heh, so devious. ;)

Once I get some spare cash, I'm so going to stock up the liquor cabinet so I can start trying out different cocktails.

Still, so many thanks again for that Jim; it was so disproportionate to what I gave you.

Edited by Fitz

Incorrect. It is great.That part could well be true.

I liked it more as it warmed up slightly, but it still didn't really do much for me. It's definitely a solid brew, but for a limited release I expected more. If it was one of their year-rounds the story would be different.

Naw, I'm just giving you crap, you're entitled to like and dislike what you like...and dislike. I think we've long since established that we have different tastes in beers.

For the record: the ultimate count after all was said and done with Yoo-Hoppy-Hoo: One bomber to 5 singles. So what is that, 22 to 60 oz? So more like 1:3?

Eau de Cookie was 1 single to one bomber, so 12 oz to 22, or closer to 1:2. I've got a Southern Tier Oat in the fridge for Eau de Cookie II.

Naw, I'm just giving you crap, you're entitled to like and dislike what you like...and dislike. I think we've long since established that we have different tastes in beers.

I know man, I'm just clarifying that I'm being more critical than I would be if it were one of their year-round brews.

Opened a couple bottles of the French beer last night. Nothing at all special about them, other than the noteworthiness of something so bland being in such an attractive package. Bottle conditioned too, with the biggest yeast trub I've ever seen.

After that went with a couple people to Poor Paul's Pourhouse, the most whimsical dive in Tallahassee. Won big twice on the "wheel of fortune" after paying for our first pitcher of Yuengling. Ended up with all three of us reasonably well lubricated for something like $15 (tip included). Oh and there was free pizza. I love college bars.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Marin Brewing's Mt. Tam Ale, getting Edwood geared up for February.

:)

Opened a couple bottles of the French beer last night. Nothing at all special about them, other than the noteworthiness of something so bland being in such an attractive package. Bottle conditioned too, with the biggest yeast trub I've ever seen.

After that went with a couple people to Poor Paul's Pourhouse, the most whimsical dive in Tallahassee. Won big twice on the "wheel of fortune" after paying for our first pitcher of Yuengling. Ended up with all three of us reasonably well lubricated for something like $15 (tip included). Oh and there was free pizza. I love college bars.

There's a reason the French are known for their wines....

Near my in-laws is a dive called Dick's Pourhouse. We should do a tour of bars called Pourhouse some year.