Sennheiser HD800 Pros vs Cons

jpnichiban

Hey guys! I am new to this forum just wanted to greet you all. I am about to purchase a pair of Sennheiser HD800's which I'm stoked for, but I was curious, are they great for their price, or is their other options? I would love to know, and all off your advice would be helpful.So is the Sennheiser HD800 worth it? I finally saved up the moollaaaah, now I feel nervous to spend it. I have the Bose quiet comfort 15's, Am I right in thinking that these will be a huge step-up? I also wanted to know, does the Sennheiser's have good bass? Also I found some reviews for it, and here is someone's blog that makes them sound like god. Are they correct?

http://www.squidoo.com/great-headphones

Bear Lane

Hey guys! I am new to this forum just wanted to greet you all. I am about to purchase a pair of Sennheiser HD800's which I'm stoked for, but I was curious, are they great for their price, or is their other options? I would love to know, and all off your advice would be helpful.So is the Sennheiser HD800 worth it? I finally saved up the moollaaaah, now I feel nervous to spend it. I have the Bose quiet comfort 15's, Am I right in thinking that these will be a huge step-up? I also wanted to know, does the Sennheiser's have good bass? Also I found some reviews for it, and here is someone's blog that makes them sound like god. Are they correct?

http://www.squidoo.c...reat-headphones

Bear Lane

Uh...no. Portishead will still sound like Portishead, and Justin Bieber will still sound like Justin Bieber. It's asking a bit much to expect headphones to actually transform one's music. If you want a huge step up, listen to better music.

(Yeah, every once in a while I got to say this.)

(Fish era Marillion might sound like Genesis, though. And I mean that in the best possible way.)

Dude, it seems like you had to save a lot to buy these. I don't think you are going to be happy with them - they certainly are not going to have the bass you probably want. Just don't want to see someone spend their hard earned money on something they are not going to be happy with.

• Like 2