Your recent music purchases

deepak

i bought all the DCD MFSLs. my wallet hurts a little :(, since i'm not super flush at the moment (my next paycheck has 15 hours of overtime on it, though! :dance:).

wherehouse.com has a bunch of them for $14 with free shipping in case you might have paid more elsewhere (and are looking to save money).

Tito Puente - Tambo (Living Stereo)

Poncho Sanchez - Chile con Soul

Charlie Byrd w/ Bud Shank - Brazilville

Charlie Byrd Trio - It's a Wonderful World

Cal Tjader Quintet w/ Mongo Santamaria - Latino

Cal Tjader - Amazonas / Latin Kick / La Onda Va Bien

Art Farmer - Early Art / Something to Live for:The Music of Billy Strayhorn /To Sweden w/ Love; Live at the Half Note

ZZ Top - Live from Texas (Blu Ray)

I'm starting to think the SACD preorder was a conspiracy to keep the 45s from selling out too quickly.

Anyone know if there is any hope for 33rpm versions? I got in on the SACD preorder because I can't imagine dealing with only a song or two per side. I'd rather track down a used copy of the original pressing for my $50.

Claire (guo jing) - The Next Dawn (xia yi ge tian liang) kuz the mp3s I had sounded kinda bad. Album sounded betterz, but seems the guitar part still is full of fail.

Also bought an album that was playing in the store at the time (by khalil fong, cant remember title), sounded good at the time. Came home, realized I might already have it. All in all, I'm bad at buying.

Partially completed a couple of psy-trance artists yesturday, buying the rest of the Infected Mushroom catalogue (Converting Vegetarians, I'm the Supervisor) and Simon Poshford's Younger Brother (The Last Days of Gravity).

Also a couple of Cecilia Bartoli CD's - The Vivaldi Album and Cecilia Bartoli: A Portrait. Wonderfully engaging mezzo soprano :-)

Anyone know if there is any hope for 33rpm versions? I got in on the SACD preorder because I can't imagine dealing with only a song or two per side. I'd rather track down a used copy of the original pressing for my $50.

the short sides aren't so bad when you're actively listening, meaning not multitasking. Having said that, I am getting the SACDs because they're cheaper.