Your recent music purchases

deepak

BT "This Binary Universe"

Awesome album for any fan of epic soundtrack electronic music. Comes with an awesome 5.1 channel DVD with animations for the whole album. Apparently there is going to be a "This Binary Universe II", and it is on my short list of most anticipated albums.

wiki link that does a good job giving this album credit where due

692860114029-072-srgb.jpg

A local music store is going out of business. Even though the stock has been pretty well picked over, I was able to get the following (some are used) at 20% off:

Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin

Neil Young Live at Massey Hall 1971

Neil Young Lucky Thirteen

Procol Harum The Essential Collection

Ringo Starr Vertical Man

I'll rip them this afternoon and then actually listen to them. :P

Ok deaf guy :)

I got a nice package in the mail today

Iggy & The Stooges - Fun House - Fire Phoenix Audio LP Transfer and Remaster

Iggy & The Stooges - Raw Power - Fire Phoenix Audio LP Transfer and Remaster

Goetz and Gilberto - replacement cd

plus

Ornette Coleman Quintet - The Complete Hilcrest Club Recordings - 1958 (aka Paul Bley Live at the Hilcrest Club)

Edited by grawk

I really dislike Mofi's mini-LP packagig. Mainly because it's difficult to avoid shelf wear on the cardboard, and it's not replacable like a jewel case. The Art Pepper disc in question is nice since it's individually numbered in gold lettering.

Space isn't really an issue for me, so I prefer jewel or even better super jewel cases. The old DCC/MFSL lift lock cases are still my favorite (smooth top).

Should be a treat to listen to :)

CISLP1006-Large.jpg

STEELY DAN/AJA 30TH ANNIV. NUMBERED LTD EDITION 180g LP

All-Analog Remastering by Kevin Gray at AcousTech Mastering! Authorized by Walter Becker, Donald Fagen and Grammy Award Winning Engineer Elliot Scheiner!

"The new Cisco reissue is vastly superior to both the original pressing (ABC AA 1006) and to Mobile Fidelity's 1/2 speed mastered reissue (Mobile Fidelity MFSL 1-0333)... Putting it more bluntly, this is a stupendous production. If it doesn't sound good on your system now, it awaits being revealed for how good it really is when your system is elevated to match the occasion." - Michael Fremer, musicangle.com

Just re-ordered the Blue Note SACDs from Acoustic Sounds. They canceled the last order, I think because it was set up to ship all at once. Hopefully I'll actually get them this time, whenever they finally get released. ^-^

If I'm not mistaken, the first of the SACDs have been pushed back until sometime in September.