stax t8000 clone (well sorta)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now with top plate.     Aerial view, the two holes in front of outer small tubes are for balance trimmers. Adjust balance after some time of warm up and then insert jumpers for the ser

Well its not like the stax mafia aren't busy and we certainly are not going to do an output stage with 8ma of current, and therefore no reason for a 4 stage amp, and since tube inputs seem to be

using Kerry's servo, but a resistor to make +200 by the way the alternate name of this board will be t8000DR   (DR as in done right) edit: fixed font sizes      

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, JoaMat said:

(I hope, crossing fingers).

Oops. Schematic posted above uses 2sa1486 in the current tunnel – my first boards had the 2sa1486.

Schematic in the link uses twin ksa1156 in the tunnel and the boards have the twin ksa1156. The boards Micheal and Jose have had made are created from the linked schematic.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

OK, time to bring this thread up on the first page. I think this is one of the most interesting threads after “The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!“ (alright, there are lots of interesting things on HeadCase). Here Kevin introduces GG, sandwich, DHT, T8000DR etc., etc..