Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The White Stripes Icky Thump SH/KG mastered vinyl. I caved in :(

new production vinyl is such a fucking money sink.

i just preordered the KG Aja. I also just received my copies of Trey Band's "Horseshoe Curve" and Drive-by Truckers "Southern Rock Opera".

The wiring clip on the firewall let go, letting the harness fall forward and rest against the exhaust manifold. Once it burned through the insulation, the 12 ga main ignition lead grounded out, and was glowing red hot. It went from there, lighting the insulation on fire, and melting the rest.

No fuse. Ah, the joys of 1960's technology.

I think there are a grand total of 2 inline fuses in the whole JEEP!

Also just purchased, a new temperature sending unit and speedometer/cluster for it. I didn't want to do either before, but if I'm rewiring, why not?

Why don't you add a fuse? Would have saved your wiring, and who knows maybe your life had it happened a bit differently. Just my outlook, of course.

It would have stopped it from shorting, yes, but the heat from the manifold did as much damage as anything else and the fuse wouldn't have stopped that a bit.

The real lesson is that plastic clips suck. I don't think Ian will use them again. :)

It would have stopped it from shorting, yes, but the heat from the manifold did as much damage as anything else and the fuse wouldn't have stopped that a bit.

The real lesson is that plastic clips suck. I don't think Ian will use them again. :)

Ah, but I still bet it wouldn't have done as much damage. Going al lthe way back into the cabin? All that melted insulation was either one hell of a fire, or way too much current.

Zip ties are my friend ;)

Good luck with the rewire. Been there, sucks!

(2) Sylvania 2C51 to roll into my Lunchbox. Using one now.

Tube Depot was out of the 6FC7 tubes I also wanted, so I guess I'll have to source those elsewhere.

What was your experience with tubedepot? I just ordered some tubes from them, I hope I get them before next Sunday.

They shipped out same day and FedEx delivered as promised.

The only negative I had was they only had one of the 6FC7s, and I need 2. So they were just going to ship the one without contacting me. I caught it in time and cancelled that part of the order. But otherwise they seemed very good to deal with.