Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

i've yet to hear Ryan Adams. good stuff?

dude!!! ryan adams is king. You pretty much need to hear Heartbreaker. The MFSL SACD Hybrid is incredible. Hell, you don't even need to hear the whole album, just listen to "Come Pick Me Up" and try not to cry like a baby because its such a perfect song.

His albums can be radically different one from the other, and he is insanely prolific. I think it was in 2005 he released three albums. He also had some kind of rap project he did that you can download on his website. I've never been brave enough to listen, but people say it is funny. There is talk that before he ends his relationship with Lost Highway (of course he is a pain in the ass for record companies) he is going to release a box set of all his unreleased stuff. I can't wait.

Oddly enough, Stephen King is a huge fan, and he wrote this brief review of the new album, Easy Tiger, which is on amazon:

"I think there are really only two kinds of pop music CDs these days. There are the ones you listen to only once or twice, maybe downloading the single good song to your iPod or computer; then there are others that grow stronger, sweeter, and more necessary each time you play them. Gold was that way; Cold Roses was that way; so was Jacksonville City Nights. I won't say Adams is the best North American singer-songwriter since Neil Young...but I won't say he isn't, either. What I know is there has never been a Ryan Adams record quite as strong and together as Easy Tiger; it's got enough blue-eyed, blue-steel soul (with the faintest country tinge) to make me think of both Marvin Gaye and the Righteous Brothers. Probably ridiculous, but true. And the songs themselves are beautiful--the lyrics tightly focused and brief, the feeling one of melancholy calm that will probably be a revelation to fans that remember the old, sometimes angry Ryan Adams.

Now there's this, maybe the best Ryan Adams CD ever. And I know you want to listen to it right away. But slow down. Take your time. This album asks for that, and it will reward your full attention.

In other words--easy, Tiger."

Having dumped all this praise on Adams, not even I like all of his output. I still haven't really warmed up to Rock N' Roll, for example.

But anyway, check out Heartbreaker or Easy Tiger, the first album or the most recent. They are probably my two favorites.

Join the club!

Yeah. ;D And I'm officially down to just one headphone, one amp, and one source. :angel:

I want to buy Justin's amp/dac thing, an inexpensive portable amp, a DAP, a macro lens, and a LCD monitor.

Ahhhhhhh!!!

(I basically sold everything I had in terms of audio gear to get a camera and parts for that computer.)

Beside lunch at the Samosa House, I got a haircut. Gornik has been my barber for about a decade. Among many notables, Ronald Reagan had been going to Gornick & Drucker's for 40 years and Gornick had been cutting his hair for over twenty of those years until Reagan passed. And without question Gornik cuts my hair better than anyone else I've ever been to in my life. And a really nice personable guy to boot.