What Are You Baking?

dsavitsk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

High proof baking! The persimmon tree has been very productive this year after producing about 12 persimmons last year. I'm using James Beard's Persimmon Bread recipe as adapted here. It contains ⅔ cup of brandy or bourbon, or in this case some E.C. Straight Rye. I wasn't paying attention because I usually have E.C. Bourbons, and I now realize I did the same thing making cocktails the other night. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Anyway, after pics will need to wait a bit.

IMG_1891.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PXL_20240403_175746764.jpg

A floury bake, I was not going to let it stick to the basket like the last few times.

A basic combo of whole grain. sifted wheat and oat flours. The starter is becoming more healthy as the temperature is slowly rising around here.

It does use up a chunk of propane to run my little oven for 2 hours but chomping on fresh baked, naturally leaven bread slathered with Kerrygold butter is totally worth it.

• Like 4

- thanks for the reminder. I have been thinking about it for a while - also been waiting for the rain and snow to let off a little bit. I will start looking at designs and figure out the size. 

I think what I really need is a vest with a bib thingy built in.. 

image.png

• Haha 2