Battlestar Galactica

tkam

bunch of shit, isn't it? they finally put out a couple decent eps, and then make us wait.

I'm there with Reks. It is a total bunch of crap that now the episodes are getting so good that we have to wait :(. Not sure if you are a 24 fan, but I'm still bummed they didn't have a season this year too.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the last Cylon is going to be someone we all didnt expect.

Like Athena's child maybe?

I'm not sure about that. I believe they were talking about 12 cylon models before she was born.

From everything that RDM has hinted at it's pointing at Starbuck, but that is entirely too obvious.

Also D'anna said the fifth cylon wasn't on the fleet (so that sort of out rules Starbuck) ???

that must have been the plan before they decided to quit after this season, surely.

I thought they made this announcement after the writers strike ended, but there aren't any updates on the Sci-Fi website or any number of the Battlestar wikis other than the show is returning in 2009.

Nope it's true, blame sci-fi channel they do this crap with their shows all the time.

Yeah they do :(.

I wonder how many more episodes will it be before the 5th cylon is revealed. Every time I saw the "All will be revealed" I was thinking this may be the episode and then it wasn't. Oh well.

watch it be roseline, that would really be a twist, cause then she would of been a Cylon the entire time...leading the fleet into all the messes they've been in. Also would account for her visions....but then again, she wouldnt be dieing of cancer. However, it could a ploy to keep her identity as a cylon...i mean, who is going to think the sick person is a cylon?

Did they say at any time that the 5th was a skin job?

You know, from a old school Battlestar fan, im kinda upset they switched alot of the characters around from the original. I really thought the storys were great back then. Right now its just to "Titanic" in my opinion.

Its still a great show though, i enjoy it...just cause i was into it back in the 80s and such. It use to have some pretty funny scenes to lighten up the mood every once in a while...no more. I am happy to see the original Apollo (Michael Hatch?) in the new version of BSG. He gives a old school feel to it, which was a smart move =)

How come no Boxy or the little mechanic dog? That brought such a warm feeling to the original BSG. When he mom died and Apollo became his only parent, really touched home as it showed he was a father and a warrior.

Any else find it alittle to dramatic at points? Olmas is great actor, but really overacts in pretty much every single scene he is in. I cant help but to think of "Stand and Deliver" and "Miami Vice". Just doesnt see like he is the best choice for that part.

Athena is supposed to be his daughter or did they change that from the original? Cause shes pretty asian and he is pretty spanish =) doesnt fit...

Not to mention STARBUCK AS A WOMEN!! WTF...i also wanted to be Starbuck when i was a kid...now i think of mangina when i see her. She is a decent actor, kinda goofy looking when she is upset though.

Tig is a brambling idiot actually...i mean, he is good as actor, but his character is a wuss...i mean, Boomana could kick his ass. I would of like to seen someone with more leadership type quality. Like Olmas would of been great for Tig and Adama should of been someone like Hatch (Apollo from the original BSG)

Also, Bultar is supposed to be with the cylons...not fighting for the right to pray to his gods or whatever....kinda changes the whole story a bit since he was known as the one who helps the Cylons, i mean there were times where i thought he was a good guy, however it was just a ploy to snare the humans into the cylons reach.

Totally. Some parts were too melodramatic.

Also, I found some parts just downright annoying like the whole Baltar cult thing. In general, it's all getting too metaphysical religion visions mumbo jumbo for my taste.

Agreed. But they had to find something for Baltar to do and also stay relevant, and leader of a cult seems to be one of the better realistic choices.

Now that they've arrived on Earth, presumably either far in our past or in our future, what's the significance of the 5th Cylon? With all the build-up and suspense over this 5th unknown Cylon, it better be very significant to the plot.

I think the 5th Cylon is Starbuck. D'Anna said the 5th wasn't with the fleet, but can't she lie? It would explain how she "found" Earth while flying off in her Viper and the mental anguish she felt when the fleet was moving away.

It's come to the point where I actually don't really care who is a Cylon. Adama? Shrug. Tigh didn't act any differently after he knew he was a Cylon, except attending the useless meetings with the other Final Four. It doesn't seem to make much difference anymore, since the storyline has moved towards a human+some Cylons versus other Cylons conflict.

It's come to the point where I actually don't really care who is a Cylon. Adama? Shrug. Tigh didn't act any differently after he knew he was a Cylon, except attending the useless meetings with the other Final Four. It doesn't seem to make much difference anymore, since the storyline has moved towards a human+some Cylons versus other Cylons conflict.

I'm wondering what the 5th Cylon's role will be now as well. They found Earth and as you mentioned Michael who knows what period they are in. I first thought it was close to our time, but I'm not sure as well. I am liking the storyline of humans + some Cylons versus the other Cylons. I also like the fact that it is a level playing field with their mortality now that the resurrection hub is gone.

What if the fifth has always been on earth?

I was thinking this to, but then it would lose the, "I knew it was so and so" factor. I still think it is somebody we've already seen and know, who knows where the show will lead us with this new twist of them finding Earth with the Cylons.

• 2 weeks later...
D'Anna said the 5th wasn't with the fleet, but can't she lie?

I thought that she might've meant that the 5th wasn't with the fleet because the 5th was already with them on the base ship away from the fleet. Which means that the 5th was one of that group that went after the hub. They didn't have to get the 5th out of the fleet because the 5th was being held hostage already and didn't know it.

But then again, I've been wrong before and could be wrong yet again!

• 7 months later...