Battlestar Galactica

tkam

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. It was information overload :P

And then they go off and ruin it this week with a complete lack of information. I figured Ellen was going to fill out the rest of their plan, but instead she just went back to the whole unproductive manipulative bitch routine.

And Gaius still needs to die. Please... God... kill him before this is over.

I'm pretty sure that

Starbuck is Daniel's daughter.

Yeah, I thought about that after watching the latest ep, but here's what we (I watch with a group of nerds) were thinking about:

Starbucks at least 30 or so, let's say she was 25 when the show started. How long after the first Cylon war did the remaining five from the 13th tribe agree to make the 8 skinjobs for the Cylons (I'm not sure if RDM's explained that yet or not). Have the 8 been around that long?

How long after the first Cylon war did the remaining five from the 13th tribe agree to make the 8 skinjobs for the Cylons (I'm not sure if RDM's explained that yet or not). Have the 8 been around that long?

This was touched on briefly, the final five agreed to help the cylons create the skinjobs if they stopped the war with the humans. So it's fairly safe to assume that the 8 models were made shortly after the first cylon war.

Agreed with deepak.

Also, my two shots in the dark about the upcoming eps:

I think Anders is going to take the Galactica for one or two more jumps before we're done. Also, I have a feeling RDM is going to do another one of his "time jumps" (were the show advances a few months, etc in the span of a few seconds, like on New Caprica) to help close up the story.

Finally - the TV station Space (they air BSG in Canada) is hosting a party/fine ep viewing next Friday at 10 in downtown Toronto - how cool is that!

massive spoilers

Most of the crew volunteers for the suicide mission.

The plan is to use Galactica as bait while a small team (including Athena and Helo) infiltrate the Colony using a Heavy Raider (Galactica doesn't just jump in and start shooting - there's a good chance that Hera will be killed if Galactica and co. jump right in and just start shooting).

A massive fight ensues. Galactica gets the hell knocked out of it. The Cylons take the ship, and they're about to take out Adama and Tigh in CIC until they meet some unexpected resistance from Gaius Baltar. Baltar is critically wounded.

At the Colony, Boomer betrays Cavil and hands Hera over to Athena, though Helo is wounded (and possibly killed).

Boomer and the Guardians (who turn on Cavil because he's going to dissect Hera) turn off Cavil's control over the Centurians and Raiders - but Boomer dies by Cavil's hand.

The freed Raiders and Centurions recognize what Cavil has done to them, and, more importantly, that Anders is piloting Galactica, and so they stop attacking the humans and turn on Cavil.

Another massive fight ensues. Cavil and co. are destroyed, but Galactica is crippled.

The fleet jumps to the sight of the battle to evacuate Galactica.

The Raiders and Centurions feed Anders the location of a habitable world that Cavil knew of, then leave forever. Anders feeds the fleet the coordinates and everyone jumps there, though the strain of jumping the shattered Galactica kills Anders.

Roslin dies aboard the ruins of Galactica. Adama stays with her, alone on a dead ship. Baltar dies on the new planet...which he dubs Earth.

Hera reveals that Daniel survived, after a fashion, and that he's been guiding his loved ones as best he can through projection. Starbuck and Baltar are his children (and yes, eat your heart out, smooching Luke and Leia from ESB, the original Starbuck DID have sex with her brother); and Daniel plugged into Roslin after she took on Cylon blood.

After Apollo runs around in a lush field shooting his gun into the air like a maniac, he and Starbuck embrace.

Flash forward to thousands of years later. The setting: the planet the humans and Cylons settled, specifically, NYC. "All of this has happened before...."

I've been struggling with the last episodes, I'm 2 weeks behind right now with almost no motivation to see it through to the end. Odd, I know, but I feel they've taken the show to a place where they just can't close it out in a fashion that will leave me anything other than disappointed. And that makes me sad. :(

In Canada, SPACE is showing all the eps after Sine Qua Non starting at 8AM on Friday. A bunch of fellow nerds at my uni are getting together at 7PM to watch the Frakkin Special, then a repeat of last week, then the finale, then a one-hour live fan forum.

Nate - when they found Earth to be a nuclear wasteland that pretty much shat on any chance of an ending I'd truly enjoy, I think.

I'm still watching, up to S04E19, but I've lost a lot of interest and even skipped some parts. There just doesn't seem much point to anything anymore. Did it become too much like real life? :D

The one thing that didn't make sense to me was how, other than the ability to Resurrect, the human-type Cylon models and humans were basically equivalent and interchangeable. What exactly is the difference? If the human-Cylons could not be detected as being non-humans, could breed with humans, had all the same qualities as humans... then aren't they humans? And if that was the point, I don't see it as a reasonable one based on other premises in the show.

After the Resurrection ship was destroyed, the distinction between Cylons and humans was lost. The Cylons = humans, except that the Cylons also had an army of metal Cylons and a lot more weaponry. So we're left with the same old same old, a bunch of people arguing, fighting, and struggling for power.

Cavil's rant about how he wanted to see X-rays, be made of metal, not have human weakness, etc. made sense to me, but it came too late in the show. And the answer given, that he and the others had "free choice," was not satisfactory for me. First, it's debatable whether anyone really has free choice in life. And second, being a machine that is exactly like a human, so much so that you become indistinguishable from a human, is not a prerequisite.

This upcoming last episode, where they are about go rescue the child Hera, strikes me as absurd. Everyone risking their lives to go rescue one child. I don't care what the reasoning is or how important this human/Cylon child is supposed to be. Whenever we're presented with "one Special Person" who is supposed to be so essential and so special, I puke. I was also disgusted with the whole Starbuck thing before, where she was "The One" who could somehow find Earth.

I'm still watching, up to S04E19, but I've lost a lot of interest and even skipped some parts. There just doesn't seem much point to anything anymore. Did it become too much like real life? :D

The one thing that didn't make sense to me was how, other than the ability to Resurrect, the human-type Cylon models and humans were basically equivalent and interchangeable. What exactly is the difference? If the human-Cylons could not be detected as being non-humans, could breed with humans, had all the same qualities as humans... then aren't they humans? And if that was the point, I don't see it as a reasonable one based on other premises in the show.

After the Resurrection ship was destroyed, the distinction between Cylons and humans was lost. The Cylons = humans, except that the Cylons also had an army of metal Cylons and a lot more weaponry. So we're left with the same old same old, a bunch of people arguing, fighting, and struggling for power.

Cavil's rant about how he wanted to see X-rays, be made of metal, not have human weakness, etc. made sense to me, but it came too late in the show. And the answer given, that he and the others had "free choice," was not satisfactory for me. First, it's debatable whether anyone really has free choice in life. And second, being a machine that is exactly like a human, so much so that you become indistinguishable from a human, is not a prerequisite.

This upcoming last episode, where they are about go rescue the child Hera, strikes me as absurd. Everyone risking their lives to go rescue one child. I don't care what the reasoning is or how important this human/Cylon child is supposed to be. Whenever we're presented with "one Special Person" who is supposed to be so essential and so special, I puke. I was also disgusted with the whole Starbuck thing before, where she was "The One" who could somehow find Earth.

I thought one important theme, among others, of the show is to question the difference between "Self" and "Others," so I think it's justified to devote a lot of time exploring this question and dramatize it.

Anybody bother to watch the Frakkin Special? Guessing there's nothing all that interesting, just a last chance for Sci-Fi to save some ratings before they go back to having nothing.

I watched it last night. Nothing special just a behind the scenes thing with lots of short interview clips with the various cast and crew members.

snip...

This upcoming last episode, where they are about go rescue the child Hera, strikes me as absurd. Everyone risking their lives to go rescue one child. I don't care what the reasoning is or how important this human/Cylon child is supposed to be. Whenever we're presented with "one Special Person" who is supposed to be so essential and so special, I puke.

snip...

startrekthree3.gif

"The needs of the one outweigh

the needs of the many."