Will the mini^3 drive the HD650 well?

deepak

Well, I just got a pair of HD580s the other day and I found that the Mini3 drove it just fine...not as well as a full sized amp could do mind you, but it got the job done. I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet, but I'll listen a little more tonight.

Certainly the 580s sound much better from by Beta, but that's hardly a fair comparison to a portable.

i would think that any portable amp that uses a 9V PS or higher would be a good choice for higher impedance headphones...although I bet Justin's new Pico would drive the hell out of them as well. That little amp packs one hell of a punch.... can't wait to get mine ;)

Yup, it'll do the job as well as any other 9V portable. You might have a look around for a 2x9V portable PIMETA if you can find one and actually I might have something at home that would work for you cheap. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Cool Nate I'll send you a message soon.

And I'm not looking for something to rival or best my M^3, just something better than the integrated amp on that sound card.

Yup, it'll do the job as well as any other 9V portable. You might have a look around for a 2x9V portable PIMETA if you can find one and actually I might have something at home that would work for you cheap. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Are you an MoT...FOUL FOUL I Cry!

Brand him, burn him, begone with your douchebagery O0

Yeah actually a PIMETA with 2 x 9V power would be great. The PiMETA is still a great little amp.

nate is a total MOT. i bought some speaker wire from him, and he made me pay what he paid for the wire and the connectors, AND pay for shipping. So basically the only thing I got for free from him was the labor (terminating the wire and attaching the locking banana plugs and heatshrinking them so they look all nice), his additional time spent boxing up the wire and taking it to the post office, and his patient, friendly, and professional advice. >:(

nate is a total MOT. i bought some speaker wire from him, and he made me pay what he paid for the wire and the connectors, AND pay for shipping. So basically the only thing I got for free from him was the labor (terminating the wire and attaching the locking banana plugs and heatshrinking them so they look all nice), his additional time spent boxing up the wire and taking it to the post office, and his patient, friendly, and professional advice. >:(

He charged you for parts! Jesus man you got jacked. post jacked.

Orange is a nice change. I like amber with tube amps, but that would look nice as well. With solid state my general rule is red on black or green on silver. Blue just screams 'gadget' to me rather than hi-fi.

That said, my power conditioner has a blue LED and my CD player has a blue display. :(