New Members - How did you discover Head-Case?

Grand Enigma

Now that Head-Fi is back up maybe you guys can get back into the comfort of your semi-isolation and rethink your "open door" policy. Which seems to be "anything goes" but in practice is much less than it appears to be. You are still highly moderated but in different style. :kitty:>:D:dance: :dance:

Sour Grapes! Go back to Head-Fi with your friends.

lemmings1.jpg

Now that Head-Fi is back up maybe you guys can get back into the comfort of your semi-isolation and rethink your "open door" policy. Which seems to be "anything goes" but in practice is much less than it appears to be. You are still highly moderated but in different style. :kitty:>:D:dance: :dance:

Jude says to tell you, your dollar is in the mail. ::)

As jacob said, just because you don't like what we tell you, doesn't mean we're stopping you from saying anything. Just like in the real world, when you're an asshat, you get treated like an asshat. Walk into a bar in dupont circle and start talking about how fags are ruining your life, and see how long people continue to treat you with respect.

How did I discover Head-Case? I dunno, getting back into a more active interest in headphones again, did web searches about old 70's Koss phones and this place popped up. Don't know why, since I haven't really found any info on old Koss phones here (I'm poor, so I'm 'slumming' it with Koss 4AAA these days).

Guest joschmo

As jacob said, just because you don't like what we tell you, doesn't mean we're stopping you from saying anything. Just like in the real world, when you're an asshat, you get treated like an asshat. Walk into a bar in dupont circle and start talking about how fags are ruining your life, and see how long people continue to treat you with respect.

Whatever happened to "thick skin" ?

Please explain...

Let me use small words, since it appears you're a dumbass with a reading comprehension problem. Having thick skin means we can rib on each other and disagree without taking things personally and getting all upset. Not tolerating asshattery means if some stupid shithead starts acting like a retard, we tell him to shut the fuck up, go fuck his pet goat, and get the fuck outta here.

Having thick skin means we can rib on each other and disagree without taking things personally and getting all upset.

These two considerations; the one above and the one below seem to be counter to each other in philosophy and contradictory in nature. It seems the one below is the one with immaturity issues while the one above would suggest the behavior of more mature individuals.

Not tolerating asshattery means if some stupid shithead starts acting like a retard, we tell him to shut the fuck up, go fuck his pet goat, and get the fuck outta here.

The above highly immature technique is apparently considered moderating this forum....

Is this clear enough for you, Joschmo?

off topic but appropriate for this thread: what's with all the posters on head-fi now trying to link and clue in people onto head-case without saying head-case? would jude seriously delete it? is this a way of trying to be secret while letting the whole world know? I just don't really get it...

Well I tried, and yes he deleted it. (and pretty damn fast too, like 10-20 seconds. Got a PM from Jude saying he will not tolerate the mention of head-case on his site.