New Members - How did you discover Head-Case?

Grand Enigma

I'll continue to give money to head-fi, because I believe jude really wants to build a community, even if I don't agree on his methods.

I'm w/ Dan here. Head-Fi is worth supporting and I'll continue to do so just like I'll continue to lobby for the logical changes that should happen to make it a better place.

I just renewed my contribution last month. Jude has created a community. Some don't like his methods, but head-fi is his creation. Those that object to either him or the site don't have to visit or can get themselves banned or both. I personally don't have a problem with him or his choices since it's his site and I and others have benefited from it. I understand that others here have a different history than I do, but my experience has been favorable. I do have issues with the general direction head-fi is going, which has more to do with its size, and the overwhelming volume of posts from people who do not seem interested in audio gear and music in the same way that I am, so I found my way here. If head-case needed a financial contribution, I'd make one. I also give to the local public radio and tv stations. Why not? I value all.

One reason I like it here is that I know some people will disagree with me about all that, but it's okay. I'm allowed to say I like head-fi and respect Jude, even if I disagree with some things, and those who think otherwise can call me an ass, or whatever, but I can say it. What I find disconcerting is not the people who flat out hate head-fi, but those whom I see on that site kissing butt, being all pro-head-fi, and then coming here and kissing butt and being all anti. I see that from both new members and from some who have been around for awhile. That disingenuousness is ugly.

best head-caser ever

NO BOOOM YOU ARE A HYPOCRATE TOO AN AMAZING PERSON. I WOULD FIND YOUR POSTS TO PROVE IT BUT YOU ARE MOD AND JUST EDITED THEM ALL >_<

moderator edit:

Your gimmick is wearing thin, stop with this bullshit

new moderator edit:

It's spelled "hypocrite" so I went ahead fixed your post. Do you have any other problems with the moderation around here? >:D

...What I find disconcerting is not the people who flat out hate head-fi, but those whom I see on that site kissing butt, being all pro-head-fi, and then coming here and kissing butt and being all anti. I see that from both new members and from some who have been around for awhile. That disingenuousness is ugly.

Perhaps I have blinders on but I'm not seeing this sentiment trending one way or another. I would agree that disingenuousness is not cool.

As you stated, both sites have their good and bad points. Let the people make their own decisions to what they prefer. They may have been gushing on one site not realizing there are other options. They may continue to do so in belief that if they speak up they'll be banned based on what has been written here. Ultimately, one is allowed to change their opinion, right?

Perhaps I have blinders on but I'm not seeing this sentiment trending one way or another. I would agree that disingenuousness is not cool.

As you stated, both sites have their good and bad points. Let the people make their own decisions to what they prefer. They may have been gushing on one site not realizing there are other options. They may continue to do so in belief that if they speak up they'll be banned based on what has been written here. Ultimately, one is allowed to change their opinion, right?

Everyone has the right to change their opinion. People do it all the time, but those I respect change their opinion based on experience and not just people-pleasing enthusiasm, or letting it be swayed every time something new gets told to them. You're right in that there is not an abundance of it here, and it could be people just changing their minds. We'll see. I'm naturally suspicious of people in general, but will give everyone the benefit of the doubt.....once.

EDIT: it's the sentence I put in bold that I don't like when I see it in people. Grow a backbone, folks.

new moderator edit:

It's spelled "hypocrite" so I went ahead fixed your post. Do you have any other problems with the moderation around here? >:D

No. Hypocrite is a negative description, akin to "liar." A hypocrate however, is a slow moving carton that often holds valuables and is slow because it is careful not to damage the contents. If mister JEEPAK had read the post correctly it should have meant

NO BOOOM YOU ARE A HYPOCRATE (in this context, a person filled with valuable(information) who moves slowly and deliberately.)

i'll try to be less ambiguous when posting.

K GUISE GROUP HUG

(>'-')><('-'<)

• 8 months later...

I tried to be interested in head-fi still. I think it was when I got above the curve in being a newbie from time spent on head-fi and realized that only a few could justify much of what they were talking about. I quit posting for a while and thought that I needed a break while I finished DIY work and could add new impressions. While only browsing, I got even more tired of the continuous pointless trolling (especially about cables, its not the subject of every thread no matter how true) and rants about a new FOTM that was honestly not worth the money and therefore interest to me in my view.

I remembered this site from the outage last fall and gave it a visit when I entered the chat. What I heard was a little more honesty (biased or not) then I was used to and from a lot of the same users I highly respected on head-fi. It was a great thing, enough said and its nice to feel a little sense of a community again.

I think I was googling something to do with Stax and ended up here. Read a few posts and saw some familiar names so I registered. I really have nothing to contribute (see gear in sig :P), but the chat room is cool and the quality of the posting is better... well at least it's funnier.