Bands you don't get that everyone else seems to like

boomana

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love 2pac and really don't know a helluvalot about Biggie, but Snoop kicks both their asses... at least on doggystyle he did. :)

At the end of the day though, I find myself listening to Tribe Called Quest more often, along with my 'new' favourite... Busta Rhymes [thanks Jay ;)].

I have heard it one more time than I care to have heard it. Absolute garbage in every way.
Snoop must have touched you in a bad place when you were little and you've blocked it out and lashed out at his music as a defense mechanism.

That is the only way that this makes sense to me. :P

I hate snoop's music, and I generally dislike pretty much all rap. I'm the corny guy that likes a lot of 80's and early 90's rap and hip hop, though.
Doggystyle was released in 1993. ;)

I'm with you on most everything else that he has released, but I really like that album. What rap do you like?

Bands I like a lot who others don't (in this thread): Ryan Adams. I urge people to listen to Heartbreaker, Cold Roses, and Jacksonville City Nights in their entirety before making any judgment calls. If you don't like him then, you are off the hook. ;) He is a true master of song writing and vocals, and as a bonus his albums are recorded in a fashion super pleasing to this audiophile's ear.

Gold has some good songs as well but not as consistent as Heartbreaker and Suicide Handbook is pretty damn good. SH is up there with CR and Heartbreaker in songwriting. but shitty encoding :(

and I saw Dark Star Orchestra live last year, boring as hell for me but damn they go on for a LOOOONG time

and I saw Dark Star Orchestra live last year, boring as hell for me but damn they go on for a LOOOONG time

It may be boring, but at least there's a lot of it? :)

For me, I'd never go to a DSO show. Why? Because I saw the real thing. I don't need to have them recreate a show. If I was at the original, I was there. If I wasn't, I wasn't. If I want to hear one of the old shows, I have access to almost all the material.

I don't think I saw coldplay anywhere here. It would help if they actually knew how to play their instruments, but their songs are very simplistic, my 7th grade students can write better songs, and the lyrics to me are really corny. A watered down U2 in my book.

i also do not like coldplay