shipping from Canada to US - question about import/duty fees

recstar24

Though I would recommend that they send it Canada Post as UPS and Fedex can charge some random bullshit fees.

Ditto. Also, be prepared to wait a bit. I've bought few things from Canada over the past few years, and I've had some items arrive in 3 days, while others took up to three weeks in transit.

Canada to US never seems to be a problem, but... going the other way, Canada Post seems to take for freaking ever. Oh, and a return by UPS over their bogus fees? Weeks / months - my longest _actual_ was 11 weeks.

If Canadian customs would ever remember we have a trade treaty regarding audio gear (3% going that way, I think), life would be a LOT smoother. Oh, and mother fucker UPS trying to make exponential fees off this does NOT help.

Never shipping to Canada again - too many repeated bad experiences, even when done absolutely properly. I will also avoid Canadian incoming as well, just because the combination of CP / USPS is so freaking random, aqnd always on the slow side. Never a single 'Wow, that was quick' experience regarding those two.

Canada Post/USPS is the way to go when shipping either way I believe, I've had very few problems shipping with this method (knock on wood) although the past few years things have generally taken longer. From my understanding you guys in the US are rarely assessed any taxes, duties, etc. but that's not necessarily the case coming into Canada.

Avoid FedEx and UPS at all costs!!!!!! I have a FedEx corporate account so I figured shipping to Canada from So Cal. would be a breeze. Wrong!!!!!

Fed Ex tried to nail me on fees and duty and it took three times because they lost the paperwork, then tried to charge me for the screwup.UPS was worse.

Never shipping to Canada again - too many repeated bad experiences, even when done absolutely properly.
So, you have a bad experience with UPS and rather than blaming them, you blame a country? Learn from your mistakes and ship through USPS. ;)
I will also avoid Canadian incoming as well, just because the combination of CP / USPS is so freaking random, and always on the slow side. Never a single 'Wow, that was quick' experience regarding those two.
Weird. I've yet to have a bad experience shipping into the US. You must have some bad luck there Al. :(

i'm not sure how things work on the U.S. side of things, but in Canada anything being sent from south of the border doesn't have customs fees levied if it is manufactured in the U.S. (as opposed to merely distributed).

so Grados get a free pass, but Sennheisers don't.

it's in the free trade agreement.