NFL biggest upset in the making

mjg

let's not also forget that brady accomplished his 50 td season riding belichick's "run it up" offense. "what do you want us to do? kick a field goal?"

Sorry, this argument got me curious so I looked up the Colt's 04 season.

You sure they weren't running it up when they beat the Texans 49-14, or when they beat the Bears 41-10, or maybe when they beat the Lions 41-9, or maybe, just maybe when they beat the Titans 51-24? I don't know about you but sure seems to me that they were pounding the shit out of folks just like the Pats did in the early part of this year...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, this argument got me curious so I looked up the Colt's 04 season.

You sure they weren't running it up when they beat the Texans 49-14, or when they beat the Bears 41-10, or maybe when they beat the Lions 41-9, or maybe, just maybe when they beat the Titans 51-24? I don't know about you but sure seems to me that they were pounding the shit out of folks just like the Pats did in the early part of this year...

Texans game. Manning didn't even play in the fourth quarter nor did they even score in the fourth. Indy's defense kept Houston's terrible offense from getting anywhere near the endzone. Bears game. Peyton nor Edgerrin play in the fourth quarter. All the colts did was run, Sorgi never passed. Lions game. Peyton again didn't play in the fourth quarter. Plus Detroit had it coming after the Brawl at the Meadowlands. Titans game. This one I agree with.

The difference, that I see, is that they benched Manning in the fourth quarter and ran the ball when they had the ball to run out the clock. The patriots on the other hand kept going and going. Deep passes in the fourth quarter and going for it on fourth downs when already up 30 some odd points is a bit much.

manning also pretty much sat the last game of the season. he took, what, 4 snaps in the final game? the man could have easily thrown probably about 3-4 more tds.

like i said, marino is king of qbs, no question. brady, not a chance.

edit: *fucked up*

How is Marino the king of QBs? He didn't win a single Superbowl for Miami :doghuh:

• 2 weeks later...