Kellogg's Corn Flakes

xand1x

UK cereals ftfw. I've never understood the American fetish for cinnamon flavoured everything, breakfast cereals least of all. If you want to make cheesecake I certainly wouldn't pick UK Philadelphia, I always thought you were supposed to use Marscepone, but then cheesecake itself means 20 different kinds of dessert depending on location. British cheesecake is basically marscepone mixed with your choice of flavour, on top of crushed digestive biscuit and with jam/chocolate/whatever on top. Its not cooked at all.

To move back to cereal though, I think Weetabix is king of breakfast cereals.

breakfast.jpg

Hot or cold, crisp or like porridge, they win. For sugary cereals, I have a great fondness for Start, although that's now increasingly hard to find. Shreddies are good too, although the best ones are the quite new honey ones, which are almost as hard to find as Start.

Anything based on oats, especially porridge, while nominally good for you, clogs up my bowels like I've downed the contents of a cement mixer. And I cannot abide very sweet or oddly flavoured cereals. That includes Frosties and Cinnamon Grahams, or Cheerios.

Shreddies are impossible to find anywhere I've been and Weetabix is only available in one specialized Brit import shop I know here. I hate cinnamon anything. Blech!

I usually keep two boxes of Weetabix in the cupboard. I like it mushed up with sugar mixed in. Yummy! :prettyprincess:

That's just un-American. I take back my nomination for you for Prsident 2008 until you rethink the cereal issues at hand!

Dubya is gonna be president for all of 2008 anyway, unless he actually manages to choke on some curly baked snack properly next time. Maybe I could run for you in 2009 on the Weetabix ticket?

Don't get me wrong. I fucking love cinnamon. I just don't like it to be the primary ingredient in food. I like apple pie to taste of apples, with some cinnamon about it (and nutmeg and currents). Not to be a lumpy sugary pastry crusted cinnamon tasting paste.

Also, cinnamon in a trace sprinkling, is the secret of the best mashed potato. But a pinch, at the most.

My dislike for sweet cereals is a breakfast thing, I don't liek anything sweet at breakfast. No sugar in my tea, no syrup on my pancakes, no jam on my toast (and I like all of these things).

I can eat Frosties, or Ricicles, but as a snack at 6pm. Not as day fuel at 9am.

The points about whole milk in this thread are all well made I should add.

I don't care either way about cinnamon, and I don't like sweet cereals, but your blatant snubbing of Cheerios was more than I could take. :P

And we call it 2008 even though they don't take office until 2009, because the vote is in 2008. It could be epic Duggeh, just think...a Black man, a Woman and a Scotsman for President.

UK cereals ftfw. I've never understood the American fetish for cinnamon flavoured everything, breakfast cereals least of all. If you want to make cheesecake I certainly wouldn't pick UK Philadelphia, I always thought you were supposed to use Marscepone, but then cheesecake itself means 20 different kinds of dessert depending on location. British cheesecake is basically marscepone mixed with your choice of flavour, on top of crushed digestive biscuit and with jam/chocolate/whatever on top. Its not cooked at all.

To move back to cereal though, I think Weetabix is king of breakfast cereals.

breakfast.jpg

Hot or cold, crisp or like porridge, they win. For sugary cereals, I have a great fondness for Start, although that's now increasingly hard to find. Shreddies are good too, although the best ones are the quite new honey ones, which are almost as hard to find as Start.

Anything based on oats, especially porridge, while nominally good for you, clogs up my bowels like I've downed the contents of a cement mixer. And I cannot abide very sweet or oddly flavoured cereals. That includes Frosties and Cinnamon Grahams, or Cheerios.

Omg, that would be awesome if Domobix was a real cereal.. wow so many Domo-kuns :rofl: