Left channel fagging out. What could be causing it?

Chekhonte

With my feel HP 200SE tube mosfet hybrid amp, whenever I have my headphones pugged into the low gain jack, every now and again the left channel fades out to a whisper. If I turn the amp off and then turn it back on it corrects itself and won't fade out again that listening session. I know that amps are complex but is there an obvious reason why this would be happening?

Has Jacob ever used, looked at, or even heard about your amp?

ZOMG! I think he did! Well I think incineration may be the only thing to do now.

But anyway, I swapped left and right channels so we'll see if the right side fades anytime soon...

This makes me wish I knew anything about tubes.

From my own experience what has caused that is a tube socket losing connection. Once the amp gets hot enough, the connection is lost. You can try changing tubes and see if that alleviates the problem.

Biggie.

Interesting however that wouldn't account for the fact that when I turn it off and then immediately turn it back on the left channel comes back for the rest of the listening session. I think JBLoud's answer of my amp being haunted is the most logical. Perhaps a haunted amp could fetch quite a price if I advertise it as such on Ebay.

Interesting however that wouldn't account for the fact that when I turn it off and then immediately turn it back on the left channel comes back for the rest of the listening session. I think JBLoud's answer of my amp being haunted is the most logical. Perhaps a haunted amp could fetch quite a price if I advertise it as such on Ebay.

Yeah you'll make a few g's off a haunted amp. I wish I had one.

That's happened to me twice, with 2 different Tung-Sol 6sn7 tubes - the expensive kind :rant:

It was the right triode heater that went out in both cases. One of them tested and played OK afterwards (in a different amp), which is consistent with your tube showing life after death. Haven't used it again, though. The other tube never came back.