DAMNIT! Broke my E500

thrice

So there I was just replacing the black olives when BAM, there goes the little black tube that the foamies slide on.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rock:

Anyone know if this is something Shure will even replace/repair? Gah! I use these too and from work everyday. Well, the Senn PX100 I ordered will be getting some serious time when it arrives.

Stephen,

If they won't repair/replace them just let me know and I'll send down the SE310s, you can have 'em.

Thanks nate, but hopefully that won't be necessary. I see Skylab and some other guy have pairs on HF for $250 and $265 which are killer deals. I guess I'll call tomorrow and see what's what. The worst thing is now I have nothing for tomorrows commute save iBuds. Oh well, I'll live I'm sure.

well even if you dont have the receipt, they usually replace it for free if youre still within the two year warranty. (they check the date of manufacture on the plug) When I had my e2c's they had it back in my hands in a week :)

Wow, in a week. That is some damn good service. Too bad the computer companies don't take notes from Shure..

Called Shure. I need to send them in with a money order/CC for $145. Not bad, it certainly beats buying a new pair. They don't repair them, they just replace them. Seeing as I won them and got them for free, I think I'm coming out just fine in this.

Called Shure. I need to send them in with a money order/CC for $145. Not bad, it certainly beats buying a new pair. They don't repair them, they just replace them. Seeing as I won them and got them for free, I think I'm coming out just fine in this.

That is great that they are going to replace them, even with the cost :dance:. They sure do have good customer service.

You know what I've always wondered. They've managed to become such a popular company that there are countless people on Headfi that can't manage to spell "sure" (not the proper noun company name) correctly and instead spell it as shure :doghuh:

Shurely you can't be serious...