Small-ish cheap-ish (DIY?) speaker amp

Fungi

I'm using a Trends TA-10.1 right now and to me it's kind of bright and metallic without the Opera preamp in front of it. Not a great match for either my speakers or my Sigmas.

I'm looking for an amp with balanced sound (can be on the warm side) that's preferably somewhat small and not too expensive, but if it's small and awesome I can swing a little more for it. But not CIAudio D-100 more (if only).

I have a mid-90's Rotel 5 channel home theater. Some of the channels can be bridged together for more power. It may or may not sound that hot for you, but the price is right. Come by and it's yours.

Do you have a model number? :o

Have you used the Darwin Source Selector? I have a few bits and pieces (MC/RIAA stage + a preamp stage) and if I wire them together and kick out my (real) preamp I need a source selector.

I've yet to try any Twisted Pear stuff, but I know I want to. Including the source selector.

The few I've made sound fantastic.

If anyone is seriously interested in a Chip Amp project I've got a working prototype plus a shit load more parts including two more amp modules (fully populated) that can be had for cheap (less than the cost of parts). PM for details/pics - all that would be required to get the prototype working is a chassis and I probably have something that I could offer for that as well... [/shill]

I'd like to hear how the Beta sounds with the Stax transformers (if it will have enough power) otherwise I'm interested in an integrated chip amp.

If I ever finish the Koss to Stax adapter I should be able to answer that - I've got a working 2-channel beta again.