Dipped my toes into speakers...I like

JimP

• 1 year later...

Thinking about dipping my toes as well.... Since I really like torturing myself, vintage stuff, finding out how things work, and getting stuff for cheap, (and modding, I seem to do a lot of that), I'm thinking of picking up a MG-I Improved with tweeter kit for $100 on CG. Seem to be ~5 ohm tweeters and woofers nominal impedance so hopefully there are no or few dips below 4 ohms and I can try fiddling with the crossovers but don't know if it's worth it for such a vintage model in the first place. Opinions? No I haven't asked if the aluminum wires need to be redone, but I assume they do since the seller is including the kit.

I'm actually thinking about selling the K1k or most of my 'stats actually, as I realized real life might be more important.:palm: See Fair and Balanced thread for more info. I have too much cash tied up into headphones anyway, and having 5 foot tall speakers possibly gets me some sort of man points and makes up for having to sell stuff off.

Where ever did they source enough hot glue for the line arrays?

I'm actually thinking about selling the K1k or most of my 'stats actually, as I realized real life might be more important.:palm: See Fair and Balanced thread for more info. I have too much cash tied up into headphones anyway, and having 5 foot tall speakers possibly gets me some sort of man points and makes up for having to sell stuff off.

Selling is so 2009. The new hip trend is to give them away. First dibs!