i need ramen!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried ebisu ramen, where are they located?

I have been visiting the Rameniac.com for some pretty good ramen reviews.

Down the street from Shinsengumi. Ebisu Ramen Restaurant - Fountain Valley,CA - Home

18924-A Brookhurst St.

Fountain Valley, CA 92708

If coming from brookhust off of the 405, Ebisu will be on your left. It's kind of a weird center, I think you can notice a Mcdonalds in the center to know to turn into it. If you don't make the turn, there's still a light to turn at.

For Ebisu,try to hit em up for lunch special. round $8 (before tax/tip) for bowl of ramen some fried rice, gyoza, salad, and a drink. Standard shio/shoyu ramen + cha-han. *note: I come here when I'm hungry. It doesn't compare to santouka's broth/toppings really. Standard fare that's good enough, at a great price.

I've not gotten around to trying their specialty ramens..I think. Did get a taste of a friend's mapo ramen, seemed good enough to me. I used to just go for the okonomiyaki, simply cause there's not really any place to get it. Othertimes... I'd get maybe udon and oyakodon set.

Also a place called Bon Marche at that center. I plan to sometime hit them up, likely after school is in session at Irvine. I think the hamburg steak was recommended there...but I can't remember. I'll have to check again.

----------------------

Tried to hit up Foo Foo Tei in Hacienda Heights this weekend with some friends. We got their round 9:40 I think, but they close at 9:30. FAIL. Then tamaya (backup desperation choice) also closed. Ended up at banana bay in rowland.

I'll give it a try if I'm in the OC (not too often).

I live in VC, so I'm usually in the OC to go to Disneyland :D

Zippy, anything good out our way? I usually have to drive east for an hour just to get any good Asian food fix. We have nothing decent out in VC that I am aware of other than Neiman Marcus priced sushi joints. Any recos?

Zippy, anything good out our way? I usually have to drive east for an hour just to get any good Asian food fix. We have nothing decent out in VC that I am aware of other than Neiman Marcus priced sushi joints. Any recos?

VC is pretty much a culinary wasteland of fast food, some decent barbeque and some decent mexican restaurants. And a few thai restaurants that are okay.

For good eats, I always head to LA. For ramen or anything else, LA's the place.

I know of a decent Chinese restaurant in TO. Can't remember its name, but it's on the nw corner of Moorpark and Los Arboles (I think). Sorry I can't be more definite. I'll ask my sister the next time I talk to her.

I think it's Chen's Szechwan Restaurant, on Los Arboles near Erbes. And yes it is pretty good. Although I haven't eaten there in ages.

VC is pretty much a culinary wasteland of fast food, some decent barbeque and some decent mexican restaurants. And a few thai restaurants that are okay.

I think it's Chen's Szechwan Restaurant, on Los Arboles near Erbes. And yes it is pretty good. Although I haven't eaten there in ages.

I ride by there every Saturday on my road bike but never noticed it. I will stop by this week.

I guess I will have to wait until I can drive to the West Side for ramen or my monthly Monterey Park dim sum pilgrimage.

i love dim sum, unfortunately the one chinese restaurant in camarillo that serves it was just awful. i'll have to wait to go to empress pavilion in chinatown.

From what I remember, they were good but Monterey Park has "friggin good".................... dim sum.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just back at ebisu a few days ago. Got cold udon + oyakodon combo. Did not finish either, seems my appetite has shrunk a bit (very good news). Cold udon, as always very enjoyable change up. The oyako-don was pretty damn good. I'm usually picky with my oyakodons/katsudons, and the one here does pretty well.

• 1 year later...

My local post office has always had an asian market located next door, but now there's a new one on the other "next door", note that the original is still open. Crazy. Anyway the new one is a full-fledged supermarket, much bigger than the original.

Long story short, picked up a bunch of different packaged Ramen and Pho, and even a Pad Thai. The PT was pretty excellent, dressed up with an egg, peanuts, and bean sprouts. Got a few drunk friends over so ended up making a big batch of Ramen/Pho with all the various seasonings and that was tasty, when combined with a big spoonful of chili sauce.