Fungi

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AT-HPP5 carrying case

It's a fine sturdy case, but it could be a little easier to get the cables in without putting sharp bends in them.

I've been seriously looking at these. I wonder if it would fit the ESW9, an iPod and an Ultimate Ears carrying case at the same time?

My entire office/portable all in one safe place......

I've been seriously looking at these. I wonder if it would fit the ESW9, an iPod and an Ultimate Ears carrying case at the same time?

My entire office/portable all in one safe place......

I can fit a iMod inside with it with a small amp. Does this help? The iMod goes in first then the amp on top of it. The amp being smaller than the iMod.

Beefy, I have both, but my ATH case along with the esw10s are currently visiting out of state. If you can wait a few weeks, I let you know.

That would be nice :)

I've previously seen a photo of the case with ESW9 and an iPod on Head-Fi, but it was glammed up for the photo and seemed to have a lot of spare room......

Mind you, even if the UE case doesn't fit I can probably tuck the accessories in around the edges and just let the IEMs float free.

I can fit a iMod inside with it with a small amp. Does this help? The iMod goes in first then the amp on top of it. The amp being smaller than the iMod.

Sort of :) From the previously mentioned photo, I can see that an iPod with amp behind would be OK. But the UE case is considerably thicker than most portable amps. This might need to squish here, that would need to push there....

Perhaps I just buy one anyway, and hope for the best :D

If the ESW10's are truly brighter than my 9's as many have said, then I think I've lost interest in them.

Oh and thanks for the link to the case, now does anyone know the best place to buy one?

The ESW10JPN is brighter, more clarity, than the ESW9 with the ESW9 being warmer in sound. Amps to make a difference in how each sounds though. Synergy here is very important. The ESW10JPN can sound slightly different with different amps while the ESW9 sounds more constant in my opinion. One could say the ESW10 scales more than the ESW9.

I was surprised by my pair of 9's, they're quite a bit brighter than I expected and sibilance can be just borderline on some recordings. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, from the limited amount of time I've had with them the treble seems quite clean. I've been quite enjoying them overall, in fact I'd say I like them better than most of the under $500 full-sized phones I've heard.

The previous owner said he had about 50 hours on the pair I bought, I've put maybe 20 on them for a total of around 70. How long do they typically take to settle in? I'm curious if there will be any changes.

Probably not a lot of changes from there. boomana's mentioned two very different sounding pairs of ESW9s though, and I think the more "typical" pair has a bass emphasis.

My pair would definitely fall under the bass emphasis category, and I wouldn't want any added brightness. My VTG is significanly brighter.

My pair has very nice bass as well.

I guess I'm envisioning the difference between the W100 and W1000, my W100's were a warm, very natural sounding headphone whereas the W1000's were lean and bright and possibly a bit more transparent but in the long run I kept the W100's because they suited my preferences more.

The ESW10JPN is brighter, more clarity, than the ESW9 with the ESW9 being warmer in sound. Amps to make a difference in how each sounds though. Synergy here is very important. The ESW10JPN can sound slightly different with different amps while the ESW9 sounds more constant in my opinion. One could say the ESW10 scales more than the ESW9.

How does the bass of the ESW9 compare with that of the ESW10?

I'm interested in getting the ESW9 :(

I was surprised by my pair of 9's, they're quite a bit brighter than I expected and sibilance can be just borderline on some recordings. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, from the limited amount of time I've had with them the treble seems quite clean. I've been quite enjoying them overall, in fact I'd say I like them better than most of the under $500 full-sized phones I've heard.

The previous owner said he had about 50 hours on the pair I bought, I've put maybe 20 on them for a total of around 70. How long do they typically take to settle in? I'm curious if there will be any changes.

Vorlon1's pair of esw9s had the characteristics that you mention. I ordered mine in the pre-order when they first came out, and I think Rob ordered his about 7 months or more later. Don't know if that could account for the difference or not, as I've only heard those two. My old pair were not as bright and had a tad more lower-mid emphasis. Also, mine did not change in character at all after the first 30-40 hrs where there was a very slight detectable difference, mostly in the mids, or at least that's where I was able to notice changes.

How does the bass of the ESW9 compare with that of the ESW10?

I'm interested in getting the ESW9 :(

The EWS10s have a much tighter bass.

After some weeks, I'm beginning to appreciate the qualities of the ESW10. Somehow the comfort is getting better (I would rate it 'OK' at the moment). And the other thing that I noticed: it is so small that I have no trouble wearing it while I lay flat on my back in the bed. And it's great because I can concentrate on the music listening more easily in that way. Can't wait to try it with a proper amp and source to see what it can really do.

• 4 weeks later...