Nixon

Dusty Chalk

Since when did Nixon make headphones?

link

They're probably OEM'd, but then again, I doubt their watches are OEM'd, so maybe not. But then again, their specialty is watches, so of course their watches aren't OEM'd, so it's still possible that everything else they sell (clothes, bags, cufflinks, etc.) is. But I certainly don't recognize them, so if anyone has any theories on the subject -- much less heard them -- please speak up.

No, I'm not getting them -- way too expensive to try just for whimsy.

I noticed this a couple of days ago when I went their website to get the manual for my watch (everytime I need to do something to it I need to get the damn manual). From what little I've seen they don't look like anything I'm aware of but I do find it hard to believe they're doing it themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Be cool if you could try it without buying.

If anyone really wants to take one for the team, karmaloop (pretty much anytime you can get 20% off) quite often has sales. For the last few months..they worked up to a 60% off sale, then kicked it back to 40% off for a bit of January. Not sure if the Nixon headphones qualify for the discount, I'd say most items usually do. Only after a lot of people take notice, do they remove certain items from being applicable for the discount.

I tried these in a snowboard shop on Broadway in NoHo. They're actually not bad, though I wouldn't say I could rate them as "good" without a better listen.

The build quality is incredible. Much better than anything else right now, apart from the DT770. All metal construction, really nice leather for all the padding. Very, very comfortable. The weird part is that they've got a volume control ON the headphone itself... grab that coin edge surface and twist it, that's the volume.

I'd consider getting a pair to try them on if I wasn't about to fund larger headphone investments.

I tried these in a snowboard shop on Broadway in NoHo. They're actually not bad, though I wouldn't say I could rate them as "good" without a better listen.

The build quality is incredible. Much better than anything else right now, apart from the DT770. All metal construction, really nice leather for all the padding. Very, very comfortable. The weird part is that they've got a volume control ON the headphone itself... grab that coin edge surface and twist it, that's the volume.

I'd consider getting a pair to try them on if I wasn't about to fund larger headphone investments.

The guy on 2ch who tested both said the folding joints on the Nomadic (not Master Blaster (which sounds similar, he said)) were really fragile. Did you test the supraaural Nomadic at all? It's only $120 MSRP compared to the $200 Master Blaster.

The guy on 2ch who tested both said the folding joints on the Nomadic (not Master Blaster (which sounds similar, he said)) were really fragile. Did you test the supraaural Nomadic at all? It's only $120 MSRP compared to the $200 Master Blaster.

Oh, no I only tried the Master Blaster, which seemed relatively stable jointwise.

• 4 weeks later...