What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

The Human League -- The Very Best Of

B0007X9U7Y.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Funny story. My wife and I once did an epic, drunken karaoke duet of "Don't You Want Me" in a Key West bar in the middle of Bike Week. Large, bearded people threw bottles. It's a miracle we weren't both raped and killed. The performance practically demanded it.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

000ae64f_medium.jpeg

this one sounds *outrageously* good... i LOVE the kitschy bass on "Lowdown". not to difficult, but so fun to play along with.

for some reason i always feel like i'm in a 70's cop show when I listen this track... or "Night By Night" from SD's _Pretzel Logic_, incidentally.

000ae64f_medium.jpeg

this one sounds *outrageously* good... i LOVE the kitschy bass on "Lowdown". not to difficult, but so fun to play along with.

for some reason i always feel like i'm in a 70's cop show when I listen this track... or "Night By Night" from SD's _Pretzel Logic_, incidentally.

Such an awesome album. I'll have to put this on right now :)

zep3.jpg

I have the CD cover that's the mini version of the full size LP, complete with picture wheel and internal album sleeve. One of my favs.

Feckn (below post); roger that; such a great mix of material

Only LZ album I will listen to all the way through without the coercion of being tied up...

fav LZ track is Fool in the Rain, for THAT DRUMMING!!! which brings me to a fun tangent:

when Jeff Porcaro was asked about the drum bit in Toto's Rosanna, he says he drew inspiration from Fool in the Rain, and Steely Dan's Home at Last... which is the same drumeer/beat as Babylon Sisters (the fantastic Purdie Shuffle!). Porcaro is THE MAN... a white kid drumming for Steely Dan at age 20!!?!? Holy crap. His instructional drum video is pretty fun too but a bit dry/technical... as is Donald Fagen's piano video, only even more technical... but I find it a blast to get a glimpse into the minds of master musicians like these guys.

YouTube - Play him off - Keyboard Cat - Hall and Oates LOLZ
:confused:

wow...just wow.

I suppose my taste for Monseigneur Hall's solo effort (as produced by and performed upon by Monseigneur Fripp, including a generous dollop of Frippertronics!) could be explained by my being born in '84, (Out of Touch was just hitting MTV!) meaning i didn't have to live through Hall and Oates' dizzying heights of popularity.

indeed, some of their videos were real classics.......................................................

mini-poop.jpg