What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life

2jdmfrk.jpg

Is it as good as Unleashed Memories, or Comalies? No. Does it deserve the venom being spewed upon it by Lacuna Coil "fans"? Not at all. Sure, it's an obvious effort towards mainstream success, but that's not always a bad thing.

I gave it a listen and it sounds quite a bit like Karmac Code, the only other disc I have of theirs, but softer at times and more mainstream. Overall sound and feel is awfully similar to me though. Now listening to Unleashed Memories to get some perspective:

1137787_500x500.jpg

Older stuff was definitely more interesting to me... More about mood and atmosphere. Comalies was kind of transitional, from their earlier stuff. Karmacode was OK, I guess. I think I like Shallow Life better.
When I listen to their stuff on random, it really doesn't matter. I like it all. Although I have to admit that when I get to a favourite track (Falling/Falling Again/Senzafine/&c.), I do get particularly excited.

Yeah, anything truly death metal (Cannibal Corpse, etc.), is usually revolting beyond shock. Your mind just kind of doesn't read it/look at the cover/listen to the lyrics.

Really? I find bands like Cannibal Corpse, and other death metal and grind core bands funny :P Black Metal is even more hilarious, but mostly boring to listen to.