• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Star -- Radio City

big-star-radio-city-album-cover.jpg

24/96 vinyl rip.

Crowded House -- Together Alone

ecc6a2c008a09387c0988010.L.jpg

You know how some albums are so tied to a particular period of your life and so freighted with emotional resonances that you can hardly bear to hear them even though you love them?

Hit me. :basement:

Both AWESOME!! I can never decide whether #1 Record or Radio City is my fav... leaning towards Radio City these days. As for Together Alone... very good but not sure Time On Earth isn't my fav of theirs! It's seriously frickin' good! Saw them on their latest tour, in the pissing rain... so worth it!

Luckily I can't think of many albums I can't enjoy due to heavy play during shitty life periods... only thing that pops out is Feist, which reminds me of when things were *seriously* fucked up with The Girl I'm Gonna Marry Some Day ...

Currently spinning on the 'pod:

album-440559

The Sighs - What Goes On (1992)

Stretchy, have you heard this? You'll love it!!! Let me know...

Pursuit%2Bof%2BHappiness%2B-%2BLove%2BJunk%2B-%2B1988.jpg

The Pursuit of Happiness - Love Junk (1988)

Ridiculously good Canadian college-radio pop rock with a decent amount of bite and a somewhat-more-than-healthy dollop of sexual frustration. This, their debut, was produced by Todd Rundgren... 13 tracks, 9 of which are killer, which is a pretty damn good ratio!

Hollow Bamboo - Ronu Majumdar [HYBRID SACD]

a36e810ae7a00d56b44da110.L.jpg

Indian Architexture - Ustad Ali Akhbar Khan [Water Lily Acoustics Vinyl LP]

1.jpg

Khansahib passed away June 19th, 2009. I will really miss him. He has been an inspiring Indian Classical figure with a great influence on the musical part of my life. A massive loss to the Indian Classical genre. His soul really quenched the thirst of many an Indian Classical lovers life.