What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oceansize, Feed to Feed -- jesus christ these guys are good, probably a little too ambient/chill for the current Porcupine Tree crowd, but they do wallop once in a while (probably proportionately less than PT). Also more indie-sounding. And British. Which in my book is a good thing. Lead vocalist sounds somewhere between Joe Jackson and Eddie Vedder. In some ways, I like them better than PT. :o

It's too bad this is limited, I'll try to get a copy, but I'm not paying more than retail for it. Especially if the band doesn't see the extra dosh.

Oh, and what it is: get this -- 3 DVD/4 CD souvenir of the event of a series of live concerts in which, to celebrate their birthday, they played their entire catalog. So they didn't just play entire albums, they played all of their entire albums...er...all of their albums in their entirety, that is.

EDIT: Plus, they funny:

In the illustrious surroundings of Manchester's pokey but precious Roadhouse (where we rocked the foundations many years before our mild and sluggish ascent into not-even-D-list infamy), we performed our three albums live, not to mention a bunch of b-sides and the quite-f**king-long-in-itself-actually 'Music For Nurses' EP. We played virtually every song we've ever written. So that kind of makes it nearly four albums worth, really.

The Roadhouse gigs were the best in our history ('IMHO' as they say on the internet). Sure we've played to much bigger audiences, of literally TENS more, but the Roadhouse, for those nights, was ram-jammed full of rabid, enthused, passionate and downright bespectacled Oceansize fans from all over the world. One chap even chose to piss himself rather than walk 10 paces to the toilet and lose his place at the front of the crowd. That's the level of dedication we inspire.

Here, gib a listen.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Angelspit - Hideous and Perfect. Ok so I don't have the CD yet but I instantly added it to my cart on Amazon when I checked out the streaming samples. Wow, some of the coolest industrial I've heard in a long time. And the cover art is snazzy too, which I wanted to share:

vrd5ax.jpg