What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

^ Definitely Colin's doing. As is this:

366202397_c116b0aff1.jpg

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

I actually like this. Don't know if it will ever make it to my regular listening list, but I like a lot of it. The Edge of Sanity....seems more like a joke/parody band than anything else. Really humorous, but otherwise unlistenable. Sorry, Colin.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vicki you might like old school Katatonia more (Dance of December Souls is my favorite by them). Slower music with a lot more atmosphere, like a slower, darker, Black Sabbath with doom vocals. New Katatonia sounds like generic nu-metal. That Edge of Sanity album is far too ADD for me, but I know Colin and xandx1 love it.

DanceOfDecemberSouls.jpg

Al, that's a really nice CD I forgot about. Maybe I'll listen to it now. :)

Vicki you might like old school Katatonia more (Dance of December Souls is my favorite by them). Slower music with a lot more atmosphere, like a slower, darker, Black Sabbath with doom vocals. New Katatonia sounds like generic nu-metal. That Edge of Sanity album is far too ADD for me, but I know Colin and xandx1 love it.

Well, if you took away the vocals completely, I'd like it. I just can't listen to that voice.

Edited by boomana

For Calexico, I also really like Feast of Wire, In The Reins (with Iron and Wine) and Garden Ruin.

In The Reins is one of my favorite albums but then I'm a really big Iron & Wine fan so that's not surprising, based off that album I tried some Calexico awhile back but didn't get into it for some reason, I'll have to give your suggestions a try and see if that changes.