What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me: Porcupine Tree, Signify

Hilary Hahn rocks! I have her doing the Bach partitas, and she's awfully impressive! I could use more of her stuff - what are your favorites?
I like pretty much everything she's done, but her most recent couple works were less eye-opening than before. So I'd just start with her earliest recordings and work your way forward. Pretty much my favorite living violinist.

51EfjDFdA3L._SS400_.jpg

Mighty Sam McLain, Blues For The Soul. SACD.

I like pretty much everything she's done, but her most recent couple works were less eye-opening than before. So I'd just start with her earliest recordings and work your way forward. Pretty much my favorite living violinist.

Favorite dead violinist? Heifetz?

Hilary Hahn rocks! I have her doing the Bach partitas, and she's awfully impressive! I could use more of her stuff - what are your favorites?

I'm not the best to ask, because I've just recently got into her. She does rock. She's refreshing to hear.

I would recommend Schoenberg & Sibelius Violin Concertos, beyond that, I'll be getting more from her. I really like the Mendelssohn concerto, so that will probably be next, but I doubt any will disappoint. She's not terrible to look at either.

I'm not the best to ask, because I've just recently got into her. She does rock. She's refreshing to hear.

... She's not terrible to look at either.

I always wonder how much this influences how much I like an artist. For example, Diana Krall ... seems to do less for me since she married Elvis, but then maybe her music suffered?

I did hear a really nice version of the Bruch Violin Concerto while driving a few years ago, good enough that made a mental note of the violinist's name. When I looked her up later, I discovered she's not terrible to look at, either. But at least I know I liked her playing before I knew what she looked like! Discography was small, and had mixed reviews, though, at the time.

Janine Jansen | Gallery

Reminds me ... I need to see if there are more releases ...

That was one of 'em 'rhee-tor'cal' questions, wunnit?

Yes, of course Heifetz.

Well, you never know. Maybe it was Jack Benny ... :D