anybody else into fighting games?

atothex

Shot in the dark here, but would any of y'all happen to be on SRK or something? I'm pretty stoked about the new Mad Catz SF4 TE stick. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-FightStick-Tournament-Playstation-3/dp/B001M22WN8]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition: Video Games[/ame]

Probably gonna preorder one for my 360 soon. :)

Let's play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix sometime.

I'm content doing Head Case.

I dabble in too many hobbies. :(

Did you play in the tournament @ Azuki this past weekend?

What's that? I basically haven't played at all since I got my LCD TV and gave my tube TV away a year ago... Also, all of the sticks available for 360 looked like garbage to me until now.

I enjoy fighting games, but haven't played one since college (dorming was pretty ridiculous when we had fighting games. Soul Caliber 2 was crazy. 24 hours a day, there were people waiting to play in my suite).

A friend made joysticks for us that were compatible with our PS2 as well as MAME, so we played ALOT.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, my estimated delivery date is Fri, so I don't quite have it yet. I almost regret not getting it from that other site instead of Amazon; would've paid like $30 more but also would've gotten it last month.

I actually don't even have the game, because it's almost a waste to play on pad, then switch to stick imo. I've done that switch once and never want to go back.

BTW I hate Chun. ;)

We have some pretty decent Guilty Gear and Marvel vs Capcom players here in Oklahoma. It keeps me from playing. Super Smash Bros has the best competitive scene of any fighting game here. None of you guys play it?

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES, but I can borrow a Wii in April and play you.

KOF 12, anyone?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm into them. I haven't played too much lately ever since getting into headphones so my statement is a touch ambivalent. I'm probably getting back into them soon since Blazblue is coming out and my roommate is pretty serious about Blazblue and Guilty Gear.

Well, my estimated delivery date is Fri, so I don't quite have it yet. I almost regret not getting it from that other site instead of Amazon; would've paid like $30 more but also would've gotten it last month.

I actually don't even have the game, because it's almost a waste to play on pad, then switch to stick imo. I've done that switch once and never want to go back.

BTW I hate Chun. ;)

Chun isn't too bad in SF4. She can get annoying with the pressure, but she's not nearly as stupid as a certain giant Thai man with his ridiculous life bar, high damage off random hits, good normals, strong projectile game, god uppercut, cross-up, and the stupid safe on block if spaced correctly LK Tiger Knee. Truthfully, as good as he is, he's still less overpowered than some other top tier fighting game characters so it's really not so bad.

Well, if you don't like Street Fighter in general, then you won't like SF4.

We can talk other games, too. Anybody ever heard of Guilty Gear? ;D

Guilty Gear is pretty sweet. I'm actually trying to get back into it again since A.B.A. is so awesome. I need to really hit up training mode and watch match vids though since one of my roomates is a tourney player and one of my acquientances is a very good tourney player so unless I put in the hours I won't have any meaningful competition. There's also Blazblue coming out for console soon. I have to hit up training mode and start watching match vids again for that too. Still not decided on a character for that game. I'll probably be playing Rachel or V-13 since no character in that game makes me shit bricks in awe like Venom or A.B.A. does in GGAC.

ABA is my girl! But I haven't touched that game since I got an LCD TV, so it's been about 2yrs. She's pretty easy mode from what I remember; certainly no I-no. Actually, I haven't really played games in the past couple years, since graduating and getting a job.

Anyways, I just hate Chun in general, not just in SF4. 3S, CVS2, Alpha 2, all the way back to SF2 when her down-forward kick cleanly beat a flash kick! WTF!

Yeah, ABA is awesome. High risk, high reward to max. Moroha mode is too sweet. She's certainly easier than Venom, who I was failing to learn before. The damn fruitloop has too many options and variations to learn.

I-No on an execution level is almost masochistic. How anyone does those absurdly difficult combos is beyond me.

Chun isn't that bad in SF4, but she does have a history of being pretty damn good in most games she's in. In CVS2 and SF2, she was good, but not stupidly so. However, A2 and 3S Chun :rock:. What the hell was Capcom thinking making her that good in those games? At the very least, everyone in A2 was retarded so that made Chun comparatively less stupid, but she's still ridiculously dumb. 60% life off a level one CC in that game is in addition to awesome normals, great pressure, the best fireball in the game besides Ryu, that damn overhead flip kick, a DP, and the stupidly small hitbox is too good.

She's good, but not low fierce Sagat, walk up and press fierce Cammy good, or CC you to death Bison good. I guess we may just differ on our tolerances on what makes a character "stupidly good". Personally though, I love games like Super Turbo, A2, and GGAC in which every character has stupid crap, but I think A2 Chun may have taken it half a step too far.