Any Grado c pad impressions around here?

Chekhonte

I think he was poking fun at Larry, who claims that anyone who has the audacity to mod Grados with wood is taking money from his pocket, especially if the person hasn't first consulted with him, John Grado and I don't know, God him/herself for permission. I know he spoke pretty harshly about me to more than one person because of the few pairs of cups I did for fun and sold at cost.

Greed is such a nasty thing....

I think he was poking fun at Larry, who claims that anyone who has the audacity to mod Grados with wood is taking money from his pocket, especially if the person hasn't first consulted with him, John Grado and I don't know, God him/herself for permission. I know he spoke pretty harshly about me to more than one person because of the few pairs of cups I did for fun and sold at cost.

A friend of mine was making a small run of wood cups and such for Grados a few years ago, and was even courteous enough to contact Larry to let him know he was just doing a few and not trying to compete with him. Larry's response was something about how he had mouths to feed and my friend was stealing money from him by doing this, and proceeded to threaten to cause problems for him on HF if he continued to sell Grado mods. :palm:

• 3 weeks later...
I've been considering the purchase of a pair of C-pads for my ms2i's but am have trouble finding any opinions of them or descriptions of how it changes the grado presentation. Do you or have owned a pair? How did you like them?

I have a set of Headphile C-Pads with ports, black color, for use with the MS2i. They are the type that are fitted onto the housing by friction.

Sound is less upfront and less engaging. There's less of the Grado excitement and energy. It's somewhat bland and boring, even.

I've only used these C-Pads once or twice, I think. They are basically still in good condition and the earpads are almost like new.

Black color wood and black color Beyer earpads.

If the OP sends me a PM saying "Happy Valentine's!" by 9PM New York Time Feb. 14, and I'll send you these C-Pads free, shipping included. :)