Group Build: Dynafet

luvdunhill

My balanced B22 have gain of 8 in SE configuration so 16 in balanced. I do not think its overkill for headphones since at normal level I still use about 12-13 clicks on 23 clicks of Goldpoint step. With K1000 could be up to 17 clicks. But with some sensitive headphones I have had audible hiss. K1000 do not hiss. CD3000 and Edt.9 have hiss. D5000 do not. The easy fixable though just by adding 75ohm to each channel.

Anyway it would be nice to check different gain configurations.

what, matching hfe for every transistor to the same value on all four boards isn't unreasonable, is it?

By the way, this amp needs some more compensation at gain of 4... at gain of 7 I didn't need any compensation.

What gain do other typical four channel amps use, like the dynamight and beta22?

With my Dynamite I have a gain on 10 or 11 on each board (min recommended for satbility) and I added 20db preattenuation to the pot. Works well with my K701s and a 2.0v source unbalanced or 2x2v balanced. I might drop it to 10 or 15db preattenuation when I get around to it.

No.. boards are still available since we haven't ordered them yet, but if you read earlier this project may be difficult to pursue without some of the transistors that you missed out on. Talk to luvdunhill to see if he can hook you up...

Either way after that conversation let me know if you still want boards.

Copy and paste of the prototype order thing. Went with 5 day turn around and fedex express shipping (3 day). Going to luvdunhill... so hopefully something by next next week!

Product Name 2 Layer standard technology PCBs Product Category Standard Technology PCBs / Online Special

Brief 2 layer Standard Technology PCBs. Please send files in Gerber RS 274X format. Material(s) FR4

Thickness .062 inches Copper Weight 1 oz outer / 1 oz inner

Minimum Line Space Minimum trace/space allowed is 0.005" (0.006" is standard) Smallest Hole Minimum 0.010 inches finished hole size

NOTE: Any number of drill sizes okay. Also note that MAX hole sizes: 199 mils non-plated & 246 mils plated.

X dimension

Y dimension 4.95 "

4.25 " Maximum Area 100 square inches

SolderMask Green LPI Legend White, Component (top) side only. We charge an extra $50 for legend on both sides.

Finish White Tin or Hot Air Solder Leveling (HASL), depending on availability Routing Individual, No Route & Retain. No Scoring

Distance between SMT pads N/A. The SMT pitch does not matter for 2 layer boards. Number of Slots

Minimum Quantity 1 Other Details We expect design to have plated holes only. $50 extra added to order total if design has non-plated holes.

Your boards should AVERAGE no more than 50 holes per square inch.

Restriction No Step and Repeat, no Scoring, and no Route and Retain allowed.

MULTIPLE PARTS:

Typically, in PCB manufacturing, we expect one part number in one image that you provide. If you have multiple parts in one image, we will route it all as one.For such multiple parts, we charge $20 per extra part on the whole order. Also note that you will have to separate the parts yourself. Example: If we see 3 parts in one image, it is (2 *$20 =)$40 extra on your order total. Restriction No gold, no cutouts or slots. Rectangular boards expected, up to 3 notches allowed. Rounded corners okay. Chamfered corners okay. See FAQ for details.

NOTE: If your design is MilSpec or under ITAR regulations, do not use this online special.

Instead, please send in your inquiry to [email protected] and ask for a custom quote.

Payment Credit Card ONLY (Visa/ MC/Amex) Annular Ring Width 0.005" minimum width of annular ring. (In other words, pad diameter has to be 0.010" more than the hole diameter)

Part number kevin gilmore dynafet Revision 1 Special notes/comments 4.95 x 4.25

File name gbf2.zip

My design contains non-plated holes

Optional (No) $ 0.00

Apply both top & bottom silkscreens

Optional (No) $ 0.00

Design Rule Check & Netlist Testing

Optional (No) $ 0.00

Shipping Option

Fedex Express Saver $ 17.00

Trace/Space/Hole Related Details

Minimum Trace / Space: 6"

Minimum Finished Hole Size: 15"

Layers = 2

Area = 21.03 Sq inch

Turn Time = 5 Days

Unit Price = $ 18.00

Number of Pieces = 5

Testing Price = $ 0.00

(optional)

PRICE

(Unit Price X Number of Pieces) $ 90.00

EXTRA CHARGES* $ 0.00

NRE (Free !) $ 0.00

TESTING

(Design Rule Check & Netlist Testing) $ 0.00

SUBTOTAL $ 90.00

SHIPPING

(Shipping & handling charges) $ 17.00

TOTAL

(PRICE + Extra Charges + Nre + Testing + Shipping & handling) $ 107.00

* (If any Extra Charges are shown above, they are based on your selection of one or more of these options:

# Make Non-plated holes

# Apply Silkscreen on Both Sides

)