Luxman P1 vs Headamp GSX

Aimless1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard silver, and was also told September ... but all we have to do is look at the HD800 and PS1000 to see that manufacturing doesn't always go as planned.

I find this whole scenario a little strange. I recall reading the reputed reason for stopping P1 production had to do with a lack of parts availability (never specified which parts). No doubt a marketing prelude to the introduction of the P1 mkII.

The P1 was not a limited production run ... the US version was limited to 10 units.

I find this whole scenario a little strange. I recall reading the reputed reason for stopping P1 production had to do with a lack of parts availability (never specified which parts). No doubt a marketing prelude to the introduction of the P1 mkII.

Or perhaps they simply had to design around those unobtanium components for the MkII?

Sure, that's possible. No doubt there are other plausible explanations.

On the other hand Luxman was willing to provide more US specific P1s, but needed a guarantee for 50 units. That didn't materialize and then coincidently some parts became unobtanium. Perhaps it is a coincidence. Perhaps not. Either way I find it an odd situation.

Not that my opinion matters much as I'm still a noob to all things audio, but I was surprised to hear people dislike the GS1000 so much. Then again, all my listening with them has been out of the P1, and shaizada's comments made me feel a bit more sure of my ears.

Subtle differences for the next model won't be enough to get me to switch over. I'll need more than that.

When I bought my P-1 I was wondering whether I should save the extra money and wait for the P-200. Having heard it, I'm glad I went with the P-1. That's not to say the P-200 isn't good and for those whom the P-1 is out of reach, it's a nice amp. I just prefer the P-1 in terms of sq and in terms of the overall look. I should qualify this by saying I heard the P-200 at CJ for a brief time without a P-1 to compare it to.

Edited by tyrion

• 4 weeks later...