DIY Mini Meet in Austin

swt61

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you planning to use for cutters/bits?

for traditional drill press use, I bought a few select fancy bits. After talking to a few people, it seems parabolic and slow spiral bits are the two best choices for what I plan on doing. As for material, I went with M-42 cobalt and for finish choice I choose bright. Again, these choices are in line with my intended use. There are millions of potential combinations it seems. There's no way I could afford an entire index of these. From what I was told, Cleveland is pretty much the best money can buy. They ended up costing around $5-$7 each.

I also did some research and bought some very nice taps. I chose both taper and bottoming versions of the popular thread sizes. I was able to even get H1 ground thread limit versions of the bottoming taps, which is super cool. They weren't cheap though, but the bottoming tap is really the proper tool for tapping blind holes in heat sinks, or so I was informed.

For the mill conversion, I'm working on that list now :)

yeah, I have a 6" machinist vice, a 4" angle vice and a 6* cross slide vice.

And two drill presses, two router tables a dremmel, 3 routers, bench belt sander, 2 drills, 2 table saws, lathe, 1 rotary cutter, 2 orbital, 1 belt and a finishing sander, planer, circular saw. jig saw and various other crap...

Now I just need free time :D

yeah, I have a 6" machinist vice, a 4" angle vice and a 6* cross slide vice. And two drill presses, two router tables a dremmel, 3 routers, bench belt sander, 2 drills, 2 table saws, lathe, 1 rotary cutter, 2 orbital, 1 belt and a finishing sander, planer, circular saw. jig saw and various other crap...

:o

yeah, I have a 6" machinist vice, a 4" angle vice and a 6* cross slide vice.

And two drill presses, two router tables a dremmel, 3 routers, bench belt sander, 2 drills, 2 table saws, lathe, 1 rotary cutter, 2 orbital, 1 belt and a finishing sander, planer, circular saw. jig saw and various other crap...

Now I just need free time :D

Well that's a good start I guess. >:D Drop down sometime to see what a real tool whore looks like. :D

I'll wait for your input before pulling the trigger.