Another SACD/K2/Telarc/etc. sale

Dusty Chalk

• 3 weeks later...
The 10 CDs and 1 SACD that I ordered arrived yesterday. All of them were cutouts. While it doesn't matter to me, I was wondering if anybody got a non-cutout from this sale?

I ordered thirty and they were all cutouts, for some reason I think that is part of why they can offer them for so low and not piss off the manufacturers. Aesthetically not the best but for SACD, K2 20 bit, RVG, and OJCs for an average $5, I can live with that and will buy more if they offer more of what I need/want.

Guess that's the reason for the "Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale" listing on each CD detail. No biggie for me. They can lose the whole packaging for the right price. ;) Anyway, thanks again for posting the sale.

Often times a music company cuts out the cd case or a vinyl album cover on promos to prevent them from being resold. These were probably cut to prevent them from being resold or to placate the record lable. I doubt these were promos.

• 3 weeks later...
Do they do it like magazine/book sellers for overstock? I think they rip off the covers and send them to the publisher, then they can sell the remnants at reduced cost or get rid of them.

Yes, cutouts are usually older titles that have been deleted from the catalog and the label just wants to get rid of the last of the inventory.

They are also for promotional use (mainly if they run out of the promo title) or internal merchandise requests.

• 4 weeks later...