DEXTER

swt61

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holey shit! I didn't see that coming! That was a brave way to end this season. It made sense, and ultimately may well make the next season much better, due to Dexter being able to travel that dark road much more freely. That is if the kids go with the Grandparents, which I'm pretty sure will happen. One things for sure, a somewhat placid season sure ended as anything but.

I'm sad, I liked Rita. Now his dreams are completely fucked. Even if you disliked her, how much can you really want to see Dexter continue down the path of his dark passenger?

I was going to comment on how they were making Dexter like the book Grendel with the half demon half human chasing the light. :( Now he is going to be even more like Grendel if he becomes more like John Lithgow and when without hope prays for someone (Beowulf?) to be his end.

If Deb does find out about him, I'd imagine she'd take the same pragmatic approach as her father, at least eventually. While I certainly can't see him raising the kids in a single parent capacity, I'd hope that he keeps some form of regular contact. If only as a link to some form of human compassion. It'd be a shame to see him lose all of that he's gained.

When Dexter had Trinity asleep in the van, he didn't have to walk out of the parking lot and be confronted by the guy he clipped and the two cops. He could've driven off in Trinity's van, which was what he probably intended to do.

I didn't think the guy should've been able to identify Dexter so readily when he walked over. The accident happened fast and I don't think he could've gotten a good look at Dexter's face.

I also thought that Dexter taking out the Mustang's oil cap and hiding in the trunk was a bit of a stretch. He had to have done it during business hours.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I liked ep. 2 a little better than 1, but it needs to pick up some steam, and go somewhere we haven't already been.

Precisely the whole season. I was bored by almost the entire thing except those tense moments in the last episode, where it seemed things could change entirely. I mean...

Why not have Deb find out that they're the ones, and be ok with that eventually. That was the best possible moment for her to find out, so why not do it?

Edit:

And, it's not exactly in Deb's character to not at least see their faces and verify her suspicions. WTF showrunners, WTF was that?

Edited by NightWoundsTime

I thought it wasn't as good as previous seasons and could be missed completely in terms of it adding much to the series overall evolution of Dexter, but it was worth watching. I was mostly using it to get pumped for watching Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead (MAN did that one go down quick for a six show season. The finale of that now was a real disappointment).

Quinn did an interesting thing there at the end thanking Dexter as if he knows more then he should and is fine with it. Dexter has gotten lax. Did he really just toss the laptop into the water in front of the van that the videos were on? He deserved to be caught for that one.