The National Parks: Americas Best Idea

blessingx

Has he mentioned how the majority of Parks administration is dedicated to logging yet?
I'm a tiny bit confused over what this question asks, but do you mean current Parks admin or when the Parks service was fighting it out with the Forestry service over many of the parks creation (as yes, profiled a bit at least in the two episodes I've seen)?

ken burns typically bores me, so i haven't been.

Same here. Maybe it's the subject and its natural grandness, more live footage, tighter narrative or likely I've become more sappy over time, but it feels a baby step in the right direction over his earlier series, right up to The War, which I had more issues with.

I'm a tiny bit confused over what this question asks, but do you mean current Parks admin or when the Parks service was fighting it out with the Forestry service over many of the parks creation (as yes, profiled a bit at least in the two episodes I've seen)?

Cool that they covered the forestry service bit, but I was referring to the current administration.

The majority of the bureaucratic personnel devoted to the US National Park service are devoted to the construction of logging roads and the lease of logging rights. The National Forests are a very profitable endeavor for the US Government. It seems to be a hot-button issue, so I was wondering what Burns' take was on it.

Watched episode 6 last night. At the end of the episode it showed the NPS was committed to a policy of restoration, as in put the parks back to their original pristine states. Did not address the issue of logging specifically.

BTW, I'm aware of the Forestry Service and BLM being pro logging. I'm not aware of logging being an issue in our National Parks. Unclear regarding the issue in our National Monuments. In fact Redwood National Park was specifically formed to stop the logging of redwoods. That park alone preserved literally half of the remaining redwoods.