Steven Seagal: Lawman

blessingx

Seemed to me the series might not be big enough for his ego ;) Ironically I found the show entertaining because of his attitude and the way they edited the footage to make him seem amazing for doing what I suspect is normal for any police officer.

"Watch that guy's hands"

slow-mo zoom onto guy...

"He's gonna run!"

cut to guy turning and running

It makes me wonder if the whole bullshit movie and ego thing wasn't somewhat the fault of Hollywood, putting pressure on him to be impressive, especially if they are cutting the footage as you describe. You'd have to be one of the world's biggest dickheads to have a egotistic attitude teaching people whose lives will be on the line, so as silly as he looks nowadays, I have trouble imagining him being other than sincere about his police work. He could do with getting a lot fitter for his job though.

Warning: It's a lot like COPS, without the cases. Add a movie star, who while no doubt has some skills, always seems to be, besides the camerman, the guy furthest from the criminal (though seems to be frustrated by not being in on "the action"). As an added bonus he explains the complex scenario for audience members who've become confused by the weird editing "this guy robbed that place. My training..." and intersperses the word "peace" around for good measure.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I am from Jefferson Parish, which is where the show was filmed. I only watched one episode, but found it to be an embarrassment to the department. Maybe every episode was not like the one I watched, but it just looked like a lot of racial profiling to me. "hey look, two black guys standing next to a car. Lets go harass them for no just cause."

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...