Green Mountain Audio

Girardian

Michael nice to see you over here, I've heard there speakers at his house and they sound really great. I'm already bummed that I'll only get to hear these and Al's speakers/system on visits.

I had the chance to hear a few of the new designs at RMAF and thought they sounded great although I was partial to the Merlin floorstanders.

Hey Michael. I thought that was you yesterday and PM'd JP but he was actually working for a change and took a while to get back to me. Sorry for the short hold on your posting privileges but we sometimes react when new folks come in and post enthusiastically right off the bat. I should have PM'd you with a word of warning but didn't think of it. Don't take it personally -- a thick skin is mandatory here -- and you'll have a lot of fun. Besides, I have been wanting to hear your speakers for a long time now!

I have a Hammer subwoofer and 4 Europa Max speakers. I have known Roy almost 30 years. He is a genius and perfectionist, and I have more respect for him than I can articulate. He would be horrified to know I am using his speakers for home theater. A tweeter blew in one of my Maggies, and I used the Europas in my reference system while waiting on the new one. I was amazed at how well they sounded. Placement and good stands are a must. I reccomend them highly. If you call GMA, you will likely get him on the phone, and he will talk to you as long as necessary. He's just a first rate guy.

• 1 month later...
I have a Hammer subwoofer and 4 Europa Max speakers. I have known Roy almost 30 years. He is a genius and perfectionist, and I have more respect for him than I can articulate. He would be horrified to know I am using his speakers for home theater. A tweeter blew in one of my Maggies, and I used the Europas in my reference system while waiting on the new one. I was amazed at how well they sounded. Placement and good stands are a must. I reccomend them highly. If you call GMA, you will likely get him on the phone, and he will talk to you as long as necessary. He's just a first rate guy.

That's some nice gear you have there. Not surprised you've hung on to your Spectral power and pre. Two pards of mine drove Acoustat 1+1's and some old Fried floorstanders with them and I relished listen to choral music in particular via their systems with Linn and SOTA front ends. A Mencken fan, too, I am. Cheers.