Lowther Alerions have landed!

recstar24

recstar24-albums-lowther-alerions-picture2947-dsc01757.JPG

recstar24-albums-lowther-alerions-picture2946-dsc01758.JPG

recstar24-albums-lowther-alerions-picture2948-dsc01759.JPG

Finally bit the bullet and picked up a dream speaker of mine for a long time. I was able to unload my hornshoppe horns and while they were great for the price, the resolution and detail retrieval of the lowthers is in a completely different world. Lightning speed, incredibly dynamic, beautiful top end, wonderful imaging. I am also very happy with the bass response, in due to the alerion enclosure really maximizing the low end output, coupled with the Firstwatt F1, the combo is really well matched to each other.

Very nice, congrats! Which specific drivers are they?

I miss my old DX-4's; in even a simple bass-reflex tower, they had some nice magic with some Wright 2A3 mono's.....

DX45's, the typical alerions come with dx55's, and these alerions are his demo model, the very first pair that Terry Cain built for him - let's just say I got a pretty sick deal :)

Congrats man, looking great! What source are you using?

Meridian 508.24, into a Firstwatt F1.

• 1 year later...

I have the older style associated with the dx45 and 55. I never had the chance to hear the new style associated with my 65's - Jon simply replaced them with the old one when he installed them in my cabs as he found a distortion with the new ones where they whistle and he doesn't bother with them.